Jambands.ca

fawk! when will it ever end?!?!

phishtaper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“We’ve been getting storms every three or four days and that trend is continuing to March,†says Mitch Meredith, severe weather meteorologist for Environment Canada.

“We have another storm coming in on Saturday and it looks like a significant storm that could see a potential accumulation.â€

i repeat ... FAWK!!!

The thing that gets me is the criteria for a snow day, ie, how the fuck do they come up with it? Sometimes things are closed, other times they arent. Today it's f'n miserable. There will be at least 160 acidents on southern Ontario highways. But for some reason, today is more safe to commute than any of the other snow days. I am left shrugging my shoulders.

and why oh why do they not close the schools on days like today. buses are cancelled, but schools stay open. lets the teachers and kids just stay home.

close schools?? For what? Remember back in the day when we had to walk uphill both ways, in 6 feet of snow, barefoot, with 60lbs of books and no backpack....;)

How I wish I owned a skid steer right now. Instead I am washing windows inside watching white gold accumulate like nothing the Ottawa area has seen since 1970-71. According to todays Ottawa Sun, Mother Nature is on track to surpassing the season snow accumulation record set back in 1970-71.

"While the city's snowfall record is 368 cm, set in the winter of 1970-71, the capital had received about 327 cm of snow as of Sunday. Another 20-25 cm is expected today."

full story here: http://ottsun.canoe.ca/News/OttawaAndRegion/2008/03/05/4909351-sun.html