Jambands.ca

Tapes

Patchoulia

Do you still have yours? I have boxes upon boxes and milk crates and suitcases FULL of Dead shows on tape.

A few years ago, I did an informal poll as to whether there was any point in keeping these. Consensus was: Keep 'em.

I didn't see the point, but I adhered to the response, likely being influenced by a healthy dose of nostalgia.

Now? Aren't they just taking up space?

Guest Low Roller
Actually, I ended up with them Roller....

After Gentlemonkey went through them, I left them on the street amongst a bunch of other crap...

They were the last to go.

Oh really? What tapes did you end up with? Do you still listen to them? I don't recall there being anything all that great in there.

Hal: I've decided, it's offical, I'm getting rid of mine. If you're in the market for a few more, let me know!

Thanks but no thanks. Just because I think you should keep em. They're a great story to share with your when you're older. I found an old 8 track player at my cottage along with a bunch of beatles and ccr tapes when I was about 16. Seriously - it was really cool! I figure I'll probably keep the tapes MOBE gave me and one day will be able to explain to my son what they're all about. If anything, it'll give him an understanding of his dad's friends are all whacko.

Mine are sitting in my parents garage, been there for years. I put a lot of work into that collection and met lots of fine people while doing b+p's and trading. I am not ready to give em up just yet.

What about CD's? I have about 15 binders of shows but since I got a 500gb HD and have the ipizzle I don't listen to my CD's that often.

Sometimes I go through them and marvel at the ingenuity of the decorations..homemade pretty tapcases..Wintaper-produced tape cases.

And pre-Wintaper. :)

Damn I'm old.

I made these great J-cards. Quite simple with dancing bear borders. Printed them up on coloured stock, and coloured a bunch by hand. It's hard to let these go.

I've also got some very nice furniture that was specifically designed to hold cassettes. Each drawer holds like 150 tapes. Not sure what to do with that.

Tapes - keep all of the pure analog tapes. Everything else is available for digital download or trade.

pure analog recordings are a representation of what really happened. not just data. The digital stuff might sound better to your ears but the Analog is what needs to be kept. when it's gone it's gone forever. You can't record it to CD or your hard disk.

So even if they sound like crap they're the only ones worth really keeping.

b+p or give em away...trade em if you need to. worth saving for those that would appreciate it.

(skank christmas exchange?)