Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest Preliminary Line-up

bouche

just wanted to add a little.....does anybody think its posible that bluesfest has a few headliners still up its sleave?

Bluesfest knows they can take a gamble on huge acts cause ottawa has proven we will show up....

media in QC are reporting that Coldplay will be opening Festival D'ete on July 3rd in Quebec City and bluesfest and D'ete are know to book same acts once and a while.....

do you think that its posible coldplay may have a date @ bluesfest.....and its known that coldplay wont do the festival circut in europe.....

just a little question....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried (again) to listen to them when Herring joined.

Not.Bloody.Worth.It.

* Booche :thumbup: my sentiments exactly!

(but I may go to the TO show anyway..haha)

* when I was at Bluesfest for The ABB I had the gold Circle thing and it was definitely way off to the side...not great (but free :)

Has anyone mentioned or seen Anders Osborne yet?

myspace page

I met those guys and saw a show of theirs at Harmony Park, MN years ago...good band!

Edited by Guest

media in QC are reporting that Coldplay will be opening Festival D'ete on July 3rd in Quebec City and bluesfest and D'ete are know to book same acts once and a while.....

do you think that its posible coldplay may have a date @ bluesfest.

According to

http://www.ottawasun.com/Showbiz/Music/2008/05/10/5524736-sun.html

Coldplay has confirmed the first dates of its Viva La Vida world tour, which will hit seven Canadian cities, including a two-night stand at Toronto's Air Canada Centre Oct. 29-30.

The second leg kicks off Oct. 20 at Montreal's Bell Centre with a show the following night in Ottawa.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for not getting Coldplay, IMHO the lineup is weak enough as is this year. I was plannuing on hitting up another week or so, but the schedule isn't cooperating. I think a few nites will do for me, then end off with two nites with the moe.rons in Portland perhaps (versus Sam Roberts???). As cool as Wyclef was in 1990, I just can't see it being worthwhile. It is a serious fuckup on someone's part to schedule WSP at the same time as The Wailers, WTF were they thinking??? I can't wait until July, had a blast last year for 8 nites, this year will invlolve as much partying and good times, but in five nites instead...Can't wait for the arts/crafts nite on the Monday or Tuesday...Most Serene/The stars?Jason Colloet without leaving one stage!!!

Nice run on sentence and thank you posting it I also can't tell whether you love/hate bluesfest but I take it that since you're coming it's probably to see WSP because you write like a WSP fan why are people so hard on Coldplay what did they ever do to you other than Chris marrying a fine actress and producing a baby named after a fruit I'm mostly excited about Steely Dan maybe I did too much blow and that's why I'm excited about them and writing like this I agree on the Wyclef data he's way overdone and so is fergie but maybe you're the only on on the internet who hasn't seen her pee stain photo and or read her bio where she talks about doing crack and meth and so on oh the tortured life of a tv star and musician well anyway bluesfest is a great thing it helps dispels ottawa's unofficial motto as the city where fun comes to die.

It's actually pretty amazing how many people I've met the last little while who loved Wyclef's set at Bluesfest 4 or 5 years ago.

I remember watching it, stupefied, with Stapes Freeker and Sloth- we all laughed in disbelief about how awful it was.

I think the last half of the show he climbed every fence around while dropping the 'hey and hos' and all that.. so bad.

Anyway- I can't wait for Bluesfest. Lots of smaller acts I cant wait to see.. and PRIMUS! STEELY DAN! - thats worth the ticket right there..

I think the last half of the show he climbed every fence around while dropping the 'hey and hos' and all that.. so bad.

We were standing near the back so when he got to the fences that put us right at the front. I've never felt so stupid at a show.

From the webstie:

Dave Bidini will perform at Bluesfest with his new, full-time band, whose members include Don Kerr, Paul Linklater and Douglas Friesen, known on their own as Scribbled Out Man. Dave is also working with the band on an upcoming solo album, The Land is Wild.

DON KERR = awesome. I believe Douglas Friesen plays bass for Ron Sexsmith / Peter Elkas band as well..

should be fun.

Got our flights yesterday! My wife and I are coming up on July 4...I am flying back home on the Monday but she is staying for an extra week. I just can't take the time off of work. I'll get to see Steely Dan and Widespread though. And a bunch of YOU arseholes I call friends. WOOHOO I CAN'T WAIT.

Edited by Guest

Got our flights yesterday! My wife and I are coming up on July 4...I am flying back home on the Monday but she is staying for an extra week. I just can't take the time off of work. I'll get to see Steely Dan and Widespread though. And a bunch of YOU arseholes I call friends. WOOHOO I CAN'T WAIT.

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I am out of Old Sam hint hint....

• 2 weeks later...