Jambands.ca

I Lost my Job.

Freeker

Went into work today only to be hauled into a meeting...about me. There reasoning consisted of a handful of isolated incidents (being late, being in a bad mood, etc..) It's so infuriating to know how much money I made for that fucking company only to be tossed aside in their typical "revolving door" style of mangment (I was the third box office manager in the last year) That place is mis-managed so bad,they treat the theatre like their own little juvenile clubhouse, and as soon as something doesn't mesh, it's gone.

So now that I'm fucked, I have to make some serious decisions, like finding a job before I'm forced to move away from Ottawa, not something I'm at all interested in doing. Anyone have any ideas on possible work in Ottawa - Advertising and Marketing educated, as well as some IT, bartender certified, mangement experience

accounting skills etc... Also anyone know how to file for pogie in Ontario, and what the requirements are? Or if anyone has a cheap handgun they'd like to rent out for the afternoon, email me at...just kidding, I'm not that disgruntled. [Wink]

I'm sorry you're feeling down my man, but don't fret too much. There's always something out there. Poke your nose around and so will everyone here. Options will come. This may be the best thing that's happened to you in a long time.

That said, getting canned is one of the best reasons ever to spend an afternoon getting loaded. And you can sleep in tomorrow.

Thanks for the good vibes guys, muchly neeed. I've alreadybeen scouring the job sites looking for work, and it doesn't look as bleek out there as I had thought, if anyone hears of anything keep me posted...in the meantime, I'm taking your advice Todd - LET THE BINGE BEGIN! got my friends Keith, Bud and Molly here to help me on my way.

Hey Trev. Sorry to hear about that man. I was thinking about you the other day because Bouche and I will be going to see Chris and Kate at the GCTC soon. Too bad you just made me hate that place. Grrrrrrr. I'll be sure to be a rude venue patron, (but a polite audience member).

As others have said before, and from my own experience, being fired often leads to opportunities that are much better. EI will get you through and allow you to enjoy this well deserved time off.

I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities none the less. You can't leave Ottawa, that's for damn sure.

Chin up and good vibes. (((((Trevor))))))

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

Shit damn.
[Frown]

I have an opening for an intern at Rahmerica Corp. Your job - keep track of my downloading and CD burning. The money sucks, but the music is good...
[Razz]

Could he also be the guy that keeps track of your hat and hands you towels on stage? [Razz]

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

"Could he also be the guy that keeps track of your hat and hands you towels on stage? "

Oh yeah, that sounds like a good idea, with TONS of earning potential.

Dont listen to him Freek. You would tank faster than the American economy.

At least it's more upscale than, say, being a roadie for one of those mini-geetar players... [Razz]

Aloha,

Brad

Archived