Jambands.ca

Murray Street Restaurant

bouche

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice that I had the waiter's olive juice on my back until it was pointed out to me. That was my "there's something about Mary" moment of the day.

FUcking TASTY ma'fucking sandwich. I think the portion was just right for a healthy lunch. The elk salami and house smoked ham were both lightly warmed in a pan so extra flavour points there. I had a taste of our friend Tina's creton, and I loved it. She wasn't to keen on it though.

Here's Ollie with a sandwich, and another shot with my platter.

Highly recommend a visit!

Thanks for the review. I'm thinking about going there for dinner on Friday, probably getting there between 5:00pm and 5:30pm. Will I have trouble getting a table (for one), or should I make a reservation?

Aloha,

Brad

Highly recommend a visit!

Thanks for the review. I'm thinking about going there for dinner on Friday' date=' probably getting there between 5:00pm and 5:30pm. Will I have trouble getting a table (for one), or should I make a reservation?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

A reservation couldn't hurt but I suspect as one person you'd be fine. They seat 60 people outside too.

• 1 month later...

I went back tonight, but the timing changed my plans. I think their website lists lunch as 11:3am - 5:00pm, then dinner from 5:00pm to midnight. I went down to the market, did some shopping at the Rideau & King Edward LCBO, then strolled to Murray Street, getting there at 5:10pm. The problem is that they really don't start serving from the dinner menu until 5:30pm. No problem, I just sat down, orderd a Beau's Lug Tread, and ordered from the charcouterie menu, doing the 3 cheeses + 2 meats for $25 thing. Seeing as it came with crostini, it was pretty much a meal (albeit a light one) in itself.

For the meats, I went with the smoked duck breast and the wild boar ham (which may be my favourite pork product, ever), and one each of the hard, medium, and soft cheeses (I can't remember which ones I got). Between the meats and the cheeses, the crostini, the olives, and those little tiny (but really tangy) pickles, it was a great meal; with tax and tip, it was $40. :thumbup:

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Add in the crostini.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

went to this place on friday night with my folks and a friend. it was AWESOME. i had smoked pork loin wrapped in prosciutto with some goat cheese and herb croquettes- delicious. my mom had an assortment of cheeses and a beet salad. lovely. my dad had beef - from an organic farmer in chatham, no less, hats off to you bob kerr. my friend had lamb. it was all excellent. they made a mistake and ended up bringing my friend's food later than the others, so they gave us a free round of drinks! classy!! and i loved the non-snooty atmosphere. really looking forward to going back there!!!

beet salad and my pork:

12152_192067462186_511937186_3531215_3116589_n.jpg

cheeses:

12152_192067467186_511937186_3531216_2967322_n.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

we had our work xmas party here again this year and it was delicious as usual! i had the duck trio (breast, confit, and sausage). it was a bit weird with lentils and very strange veggies that i didn't care for, but the duck was very nice. the mushroom starters were the best and i chose Smores in a tall glass for dessert (chocolate mousse, graham crumb layer, tons of gooey marshmellow). love this place :)