Jambands.ca

wtf is wrong with people?

bONES

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did i miss...the victim was gay? that's horrible (the church not him being gay)

Nope, Phelps' position is that, because Canada allows same-sex marriage, God is inflicting punishment on Canada, in this case with a horrific murder. (It's much the same way he and his followers protest at US military funerals, regardless of whether the deceased was homosexual or not: Phelps feels that the military deaths are being meted out by God as punishment to the entire country.)

Aloha,

Brad

I think Phelps even started a website about how God hates Canada. I could find the URL, but then I'd have to actually view the site to make sure it was what I wanted to find, and frankly, I'd rather he was just dismissed and ignored.

Aloha,

Brad

"They won't let us in, but we have a group that will cross in another spot," she said. "They'll have to strip search everyone who crosses that border or they won't know who we are. They'll have to see the WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) tattoo on our butts."

Have these idiots crossed the border before? They live to strip search scumbags and would be more than happy i suspect.

They won't let us in, but we have a group that will cross in another spot. They'll have to strip search everyone who crosses that border or they won't know who we are. They'll have to see the WBC [Westboro Baptist Church] tattoo on our butts.
You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-28.htm

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 years later...

Fack.

Greyhound, RCMP sued in bus beheading

CBC – Wed, 16 Feb, 2011 3:46 PM EST

Two passengers aboard a Greyhound bus when Vince Li killed Tim McLean are suing the bus line, the Canadian government, RCMP and Li.

Both Li and McLean were passengers on Greyhound bus No. 1170 near Portage la Prairie, Man., on July 30, 2008, when Li pulled a knife and killed McLean, 22.

Li pleaded not guilty to a charge of second-degree murder. Psychiatric evidence at his trial suggested he is schizophrenic and suffered a major psychotic episode when he fatally stabbed McLean and cut off his head.

He was found not criminally responsible and sent to a psychiatric institution in Selkirk, Man., where he remains.

On Wednesday, two other passengers on the bus, Debra Tucker of Port Colborne, Ont., and Kayli Shaw of London, Ont., each filed separate claims in Manitoba's Court of Queen's Bench. Both women are seeking $3 million for a range of alleged ailments, including severe anxiety, nervous shock, and severe depression.

They claim they are now being medicated due to the incident, are unable to work and suffered loss of income.

Shaw said she can't work or study, and her marriage and other personal relationships have failed.

"I have a hard time hearing ambulance sounds, police cars, I freak out," Shaw told CBC News. "I have to literally go through so much anxiety just to go out and do things."

Greyhound is liable, the two say, for failing to provide safe passage for passengers, failing to train staff appropriately and failing to have adequate security at bus terminals and passenger points. They claim the federal government is liable for failing "to assure national transportation security" and requirements under the Canada Transportation Act. And the RCMP is liable for failing to remove Li from the bus in a timely fashion following a standoff the two claim.

Li failed to appreciate the brutality of his act would cause the female passengers psychological harm, the claims allege. Li also failed, they said, to get medical or psychiatric help "when he knew or ought to have known that he sustained a medical condition in need of care and treatment."

No trial date has been set for the case and no statement of defence has been filed. The claims have not been tested in court.

I saw something scary! Now give me money! The crazy man should have known he was crazy! Why didn't he know I would be upset by his actions? Why wasn't he thinking about ME? Waaaaah!

So the RCMP are responsible for not storming the bus soon enough, eh? Had they stormed prematurely and Li stabbed another person when they did they would have been liable for not being cautious enough.

I hope the judge throws this out.

Yeah there's no way in hell something like that might affect me afterwards...they must be full of shit sheesh.

Sure it affected them. But does that really mean that they are owed money by the RCMP or by Greyhound? Why does everyone think that blame can be assigned for every terrible thing that happens to them in their lives?

I read that the man who did the beheading..I read that he was in such a state of pychosis that he thought he was beheading a beast and saving everyone. Poor fucked up mess thought he was being a hero. Thats apparrently why he was waving the head at everyone to see..that they were safe now.

How fucking sad is that? I realy do feel for him..can you imagine..once he was medicated with anti-pschotic drugs and leveled out and was told of what he did...holy shit.

my life has never been the same since i first read that story. whenever anyone asks me "where ya be headin'?" i cry. this has cost me my 6 figure income job. i am scared of headlines that have the word greyhound in them. i am suing the CBC for printing this new headline. i think about half a million should make me feel better about my life. and another thing... why can't I get no Tang around here?

[color:purple]gosh, i cannot fathom how witnessing someone being brutally beheaded and cannibalized could ever affect someone's psychological well being. i guess im just a big pussy.

at the criminal trial, evidence was presented that the killer boarded the bus with a large concealed knife. should/could greyhound have prevented that? could transport canada regulations have prevented that? a trial would seek to answer these sorts of questions.

He could have walked into a mall with a concealed knife and stabbed someone. Would a mall be found liable in such a case? Could they not have effected a search of all people entering the premises?

Airplanes? I get it; they are certainly a realistic terrorist target. But a bus? This was a pretty random occurance, perpetrated by a disturbed individual. Are we really going to hold Greyhound responsible? Why not require the TTC to start patting people down at each stop, too?

I feel for the people who were on that bus; I can never (I hope) understand what they went through - I just don't think that it is possible to point at Greyhound or the RCMP and say that it was their fault.

Sometimes, parties are responsible for certain events, whether due to negligence or outright action. But sometimes shit just happens.