Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Jerry

Kanada Kev

Hey Kev, we were probably at this show together. A killer Stella Blue was delivered that night.

08/01/94 (Mon) Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI

Set 1: Picasso Moon, Peggy-O, The Same Thing, Stagger Lee, Childhood's End, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Victim Or The Crime > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain, Samba In The Rain, Estimated Prophet > Drums > Space > All Along The Watchtower, Stella Blue > Satisfaction, E: Liberty

Comment: Jerry's 52nd Birthday

Hey Kev, we were probably at this show together. A killer Stella Blue was delivered that night.

Set 1: Picasso Moon, Peggy-O, The Same Thing, Stagger Lee, Childhood's End, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Victim Or The Crime > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain, Samba In The Rain, Estimated Prophet > Drums > Space > All Along The Watchtower, Stella Blue > Satisfaction, E: Liberty

http://www.archive.org/details/gd94-08-01.neumann.nawrocki.12522.sbeok.shnf

Aloha,

Brad

Fuck! No, that was one that I missed :( Trying to remember why. I know that I hit some other shows on that tour (Chicago, Deer Creek i think)

it always makes me sad to think that you were trying to clean yourself up near the end. i read an interview where jerry talks about terence mckenna and the next great shift in consiousness coming aropund 2012, and how excited he was to see that.

*sigh*

miss you jerry, thanks for everything.

I was at that show. I remember that at as we entered the parking lot, there were people handing out flyers trying to organize a Happy Birthday sing-along at the beginning of one of the sets. Of course, the crowd was too high to either remember, or else too high to sing together on cue... or, more likely, a lethal combination of the two. Either way, the sing-along didn't pan out.

Great Stella Blue, though. Of course, in '94 most of the Stella Blues - indeed, most of the ballads - were highlights of the shows.