Jambands.ca

RIP Paul Newman

bradm

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080927/Newman_Obit_2008_09_27/20080927?hub=TopStories

Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died, a spokeswoman said Saturday. He was 83.

Newman died Friday of cancer, spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic said. No other details were immediately available.

Aloha,

Brad

A classy man, a family man and devoted husband and one of the finest actors of the last 60 years. Newman is one of my all-time favourite actors and reading this sad news a minute ago has hurt me deeply. 83 is a good age to go out, but cancer isn't the way to do it. R.I.P. Fast Eddie, Reg and Luke, and many more.

A classy man, a family man and devoted husband and one of the finest actors of the last 60 years. Newman is one of my all-time favourite actors and reading this sad news a minute ago has hurt me deeply. 83 is a good age to go out, but cancer isn't the way to do it. R.I.P. Fast Eddie, Reg and Luke, and many more.

What he said.

fack. I know he wasn`t going to act anymore, and his product line is doing well on it`s own. However, that was shocking news to read. I had no idea he was in ill health.

I had some amazing movie appreciation moments thanks to him growing up. Cool Hand Luck, Butch Cassidy and the sundance Kid, the Sting, The Colour of Money, and of course Slapshot.

I think I learned to appreciate older movies thanks to his films.

bon voyage paul newman.

I watched one of his movies recently - "Absence of Malice" from 1981. Also in this movie were Sally Field and a young Bob Balaban.

I don't think it was a great movie but one thing that amazed me - something you don't see much in movies anymore - was that most of the characters were smoking constantly.

Except Paul Newman - he didn't need a cigarette to look cool.