Jambands.ca

Tentative OC Strike Date. Dec. 10.

rubberdinghy

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should say that I don't blame the individuals. It is certainly a mob mentality that takes over and people forget what they are doing.

I think you're giving these people too much credit. We have control over ourselves at all times. The question is how much we wish to assert this control.

The scenario you just described is the #1 issue I have against unions.

Until I experienced it firsthand I would have agreed with you Ollie, but I truly think that it's possible, perhaps even common, for a mob to get so fired up they lose perspective, and people will do things they would never do as individuals.

Yeah I agree that that's what happens to people. I'm just saying that doesn't abdicate their responsibility for their actions. Neither were you I suppose.

Transit boss answers strike questions

I also saw Alain Mercier on a couple of local news programs tonight saying that it was actually the union that wanted scheduling put into the negotiations, not the city, although that doesn't seem to line up with the city's position that the scheduling process is "unfair, unsafe and certainly inefficient."

Aloha,

Brad

I loved that rockmusiclives post. It's nice to see someone propose some alternate solutions that make perfect sense.

Dinghy... what lines are you talking about? Is the intersection at nepean/elgin the one?

If so, I'm right there for my french training and this morning I saw the snarled traffic, and picketers. However, I was surprised to only see like 20 people walking in a circle....chanting something, like druids.

anyway, is that all there is out there picketing? That doesn't seem very visible.

As you said, it must be tough to get to the picket if with all this traffic and no bus to get there.

Is it just me or does this make no sense.

So what happens is the balance of our operators then select work that may be less efficient, doesn’t give them sufficient rest time, which is a cause of concern and we want to correct some of these things by ensuring people work a minimum level of work a day.

A minimum level of work...I don't understand.

In fact ,what we are asking for is to have the same practices that we do on the weekends. Actually, on the weekends we organize all the work. We are looking to do the same thing on the weekday

They tried that out for one booking on the weekends, and have since removed it because it wasn't beneficial. Not sure if he understands.

Guest Low Roller

Do you think that police can give out fines to the striking workers who block traffic because of 'public disturbance'?

I hope they start doing something before someone gets hurt, because tempers are really getting stretched by all accounts.

But he want to ensure there is a minimum level of work.

Booking 6 hours to get paid 8 is VERY rare...maybe 5 to 10 operators.

Have you been out on the picket line yet dinghy?

Nope...still, no rides or buses

People are already getting hurt. On the news last night they showed the 5-oh pulling some woman out of her car for trying to run the picket line.