Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of any of the Jays broadcasters, excluding radio (Jerry is excellent and shouldn't have been overshadowed by Cheek for so many years). Rod Black improved, and I hate saying that. Rance was too serious and Fletcher didn't work enough. Tabler is too nice. I think Zaun will be a good colour guy when he decides to retire.

I should probably clarify. I agree that the Jays had to make this move. Roy was gone, no doubt about it but was now the right time? We'll see.

My main point is that this is going to have a hugely negative impact on an already tired and listless fanbase. The Jays werefucked no matter what. A reallyshitty ballpark, a team that doesnt look like its going anywhere because it hasnt in seemingly forever, no true marketable stars.......there's a lot of bad going on.

I really hope they can pull through.

The Jays werefucked no matter what. A reallyshitty ballpark, a team that doesnt look like its going anywhere because it hasnt in seemingly forever, no true marketable stars.......there's a lot of bad going on.

I really hope they can pull through.

this is true. but if they got drabek or aumont and brown or taylor then they got a lot for him. hopefully it works out. while i hate seeing doc leave, i'm happy about this trade. they need to move forward and without ricciardi they now have a chance to do that. i don't know what the anthopolous era will look like, but at least there is the possibility of it being good.

I know Wells isn't going anywhere. I still think my proposal was the most dynamic and innovative one to date though ;)

I was talking to someone about him yesterday though. We agreed that his most productive season's were when he hit infront of a legit power threat, such as Delgado, or Glaus (Thomas or Rolen definitely don't count). He hasn't really had that threat over the past few seasons (he might also have quit using roids - which probably more likely). Lind, however, will now be on every pitcher's radar this year and Wells may see some better pitches. He has to lay off the low-outside junk and the high heat though.

This might be it kids.

To Philadelphia: Roy Halladay (Roy signs for 60 millions over 3 more years), $6M cash, Phillippe Aumont RHP, Juan Carlos Ramirez RHP, Tyson Gillies OF

To Seattle: Cliff Lee

To Toronto: Kyle Drabek RHP (Tommy John surgery, and who else had that in recent Jays memory? BJ Ryan), Michael Taylor OF, Travis D’Arnaud C

One thing that is interesting and no one can figure out - since the Phillies aren't talking: Why didn't the Phillies just keep Lee and make a deal with the Jays directly? Lee will make 8 mil next season, which is a good deal for the Mariners. Halladay, Lee one-two punch is about as good as it gets. Maybe the Phillies were staying on some sort of budget. Who knows?

they believed that they couldn't re-sign lee based on previous comments that he made.

i have no problem with wells. he didn't ask for all that money. he was never a great player. ricciardi offered him a shitload of cash and he took it. he is a 20 HR 80 RBI player. I don't expect anything more out of him. he's nota player to build an offense around.