Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thi strades needs time for proper evaluation. they got some top prospects. they were going to, ta best, finish fourth in the AL east in 2009 and then lose halladay. they got good value for him. and will be significantly better in 2011 and beyond, than they would have been without this trade. it's actually a great start for the new GM. although I would have rather seen Aumont than Drabek.

I don't think it's brutal at all. They did exactly what they wanted to do, for better or worse. They ditched a TON of salary, got 2 top of the line prospects and did all that they could to accommodate Doc the honourable way which was get this shit done so he can do what he does best and play ball.

I am pretty interested in seeing Doc hit :) and i'll get my opportunity when Halladay returns to the Skydome in June '10....and I'm gonna give that fucker the standing "O" of his life.

Apparently one of the prospects has failed his physical, not sure if it is a player traded to the Jays.

thi strades needs time for proper evaluation. they got some top prospects. they were going to, ta best, finish fourth in the AL east in 2009 and then lose halladay. they got good value for him.

contradictions-demotivational-poster-1226282411.jpg

and did all that they could to accommodate Doc the honourable way which was get this sh!t done so he can do what he does best and play ball.

Fuck nobility when you are running a professional sports franchise. As a GM' date=' your number one priority is to build a winner. That's it.[/quote']

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. That's it. I personally believe there is room for ethics and morality in big business and I think it was displayed here regardless of your opinion.

I think it was a great deal for the Jays. The guys they got were ranked what 2,3 & 7 in Phillies' prospect list. Way better then a year of nothing and two draft picks that will take 5 years to develop.

All these guys have upside.

My concern is where Wallace will play. The Jays say first, but the reports I read say he wants to play third. Plus, I thought the plan was going to be to move Lind over their. I guess if Wallace can make the team out of camp he'll probably be either 1b or 3b depending on whether they can move EE or Overbay. Maybe he even gets in at DH and spends time getting better at 1B til Ovebay goes.

Drabek should help what is already a bunch of good young arms. Sure no stud, but even Doc went from first round, to MLB and all the way back down before becoming what he is. So there is hope.

The catcher may develop and there are 2 others similar, so hopefully somebody grabs the bull by the horns.

Hopeful/projected lineup

Lind - LF

Wells - CF

Snider - RF

Bautista - 4th OF

3rd - Wallace/EE

SS - Gonzo

2B - Hill

1b - Ovebay/Daporik/Ruiz/Lind/Wallace

DH - Lind/Ruiz/Wallace

C - Buck/that other guy they signed/Chavez

Util - Johnny Mac

SP - Marcum, Romero, mzpeieghezckiy, (Cecil, Mills, Purcey, Zach Johnson, Litch, McGowan)

Closer - Frasor/ why can't I remember lefties' name right now

Fine by me.

found this online:

The strangest part of this trade was how Oakland was able to creep in on the trade. Regardless of what you think of Billy Beane and Moneyball, I think Beane pulled off a hell of a trade getting Taylor for Brett Wallace. Some are skeptical as to whether or not Taylor will indeed be able to hit Major League pitching. He is an very athletic player who is not overly talented but he has continously put up above average numbers as he has progressed through the Majors. Believers see an easy 20/20 outfielder. We rank Taylor and Wallce as the 22nd and 26th best fantasy prospects in baseball resepctively. However, much of the rationale for having Wallace that high is his proximity to the Majors. If our rankings were based on potential I’m not sure Wallace would be in the top 75. For Oakland the trade was a no-brainer because they already have a very serious prospect in Chris Carter to take over 1B and I don’t think Wallace has the defensive skills to be an everyday 3B, or position player for that matter, in the Majors. I think he and Mat Gamel are very similar players. Big prospects who flame out when they get close to the Majors and can’t find regualr gigs because they can’t play defense. I hope they prove me wrong but I tend to stay away from prospects I don’t think can be anything more than DHs. So with Carter, Wallace was expendable and Beane picked up a potential All-Star OF who could legitimately crack the 2010 Opening Day roster.

See maybe just maybe thats true. But you can't look at any of the trades or building on its own. As a whole, Jays have Wells in the outfield for fucking ever, then you have to have spots for Lind & Snider (is there anyone working there way up?). If the idea is to move Wallace to 1B then you have to look at what, if anything, they get back for Overbay and incorporate that into the trade as well. Or how they spend the Overbay money.