Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hahaha...I almost forgot about that.

Love how were just supposed to accept that the Jays aren't ever going to win. I like to at least have hope in the team, but when the new GM comes out and says Halladay is leaving because he wants to win...well, that's just deflating. No prospects for the future, nothing. Just, he's going because we have a crappily run organisation that is not going to compete, period. Fudge.

With Beeston overseeing things and now with a new intellegent GM in place, the future looks a lot brighter than it did under JP's watch.

Do you mean rookie GM Alex Anthopoulos? How the fuck would you know or anyone for that matter that he'll be an intelligent GM? (legitemately curious, maybe you know something I don't)

With Beeston overseeing things and now with a new intellegent GM in place' date=' the future looks a lot brighter than it did under JP's watch. [/quote']

Do you mean rookie GM Alex Anthopoulos? How the fuck would you know or anyone for that matter that he'll be an intelligent GM? (legitemately curious, maybe you know something I don't)

Anthopolous is considered to be one of the young brightest young minds in baseball. If they Jays didn't offer him the GM job, some other team would have nabbed him. Obviously he's unproven as a GM, but even his recent clubhouse wheelings and dealings leaves room for optimism. You don't rise up through an organization to be GM at 33 if you are an idiot.

You think the Jays are a bad organization? They won two World Series and compete in the toughest division in all of sports. I'm no fan of their post Gord Ash eras, but with Beeston back in charge, things are looking up. And realistically, they aren't too far away from being very competetive.

You think the Jays are a bad organization? They won two World Series and compete in the toughest division in all of sports. I'm no fan of their post Gord Ash eras, but with Beeston back in charge, things are looking up. And realistically, they aren't too far away from being very competetive.

Look at you get your panties in bunch for the BlowJays, that's sweet, I fucking love Homers.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I was alive and present during those wins and savoured every moment as pretty much every else on this board probably did but........ the Jays have been a pretty sad sack orgnaization for more than a decade and have made countless bad decisions in that spread. Yeah I realize time flies but it's been a while.

If you want to hold up two world series wins that happened over 15 years ago under Pat Gillick so be it, they were a great team and an organziation that packed the dome. I'm glad you've retained the optimism that I've lost, it'll make it all the more enjoyable when I talk shit.

I'm sure they'll be loading up on arms with Vernon now earning 20million per.... for how long, the next four years?

Toughest division in all of sport? I'd mention something called the NFC East, kind of produced a buttload of fucking champions as well but the Redskins are sucking right now and it causes me pain.

• 2 weeks later...