Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abolish Inter-League play, I'm bored with it.

I am not at all bored with it. Adds such a cool dynamic to the season. The scouting reprts ar all fugged and no one really knows who's gonna or should win. Philly is a legit contender this year and it's neat to see how the Jays will play them over a series. Florida was interesting too becase they came in a swept the Jays. Florida is "supposed" to be a crappy team. Their record isn't that bad though, and maybe it shows how tough their division actually is.

Edited by Guest

this season is such a joke. i wonder who cursed them?

How is that again?

No one expected them to compete this year. The Jays themselves even asked fans to be patient because they were more convinced they could do some damage in 2010.

So far this season has been anything but a joke, aside from a few players who cant seem to concentrate when running the base paths.

We can't really complain about the Jays to this point. They curently have the 5th best record in the AL and the 9th best record over all. Considering the injuries to the starting staff and the division they are in they are doing well.

They are still in it with a lot of season left to go.

Ya, well, your still wrong in complaining about the inter-league stuff...at least according to myself, and Richard Griffen from the Toronto Star:

I'm convinced that Cito Gaston's negative attitude towards inter-league play accounts in no small measure for his team's lack of success. Cito has been whining about his pitchers having to hit and the disadvantage AL teams face in NL parks. The players hear that and have an extra excuse when they fail to win.

Other AL teams take no prisoners in inter-league play. Why not the Jays? In '97, the first year of inter-league play and Gaston's last season with the Jays in his first go-round, he was 4-11 against NL teams. He had 11 years off to brood about it. Then he took over in Pittsburgh from John Gibbons and immediately was thrown back into the inter-league maelstrom. They came back last year for two series wins vs. the Braves and Reds, but heading into today's matinee in Philly, Cito is 11-21 vs. NL teams -- not counting '92 and '93 when, of course, in the most meaningful inter-league play of all, he was 8-4 vs. the Braves and Phillies in the World Series.

Edited by Guest