Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

Look - I'm a Jays fan. I want them to win.

Pitchers are fragile. Your arm isn't supposed to do that. There is a reason (I presume) behind the general 100 pitch count and the 5 days rest etc.

Yes, Halladay is a horse and yes he can probably do more then most pitchers would.

To me more is 120 pitches. Too much is 138.

I err on the side of caution when it comes to the ONE IRREPLACABLE PERSON ON THE TEAM.

On top of the fact that if you can't give the ball to your bullpen you can't get to the playoffs.

It just seems like a dumb gamble - even if there is only a 10% chance that it has any long-term effects on Halladay's season.

I like to gamble. Thats not one I take.

Halladay's awesome. We need him.

Plus - he had given up four runs. Its not like he was pitching a no-no.

Its a long season...

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janssen had a pretty bad outing last night. Weaver pitched a gem for sure but Janssen had nothing working last night. Gotta take the series tonight!

Jansen hasn't looked good to me yet. Wonder how much rope he gets before the Jays find their 8th inning guy?

not so sure myself.

Anyways - going through the TSN player rankings - not sure what stats they rank it on, but they rank top 15 overall in each position. Jays had someone in the top half, usually top 10, with Hill, Scutaro and Halladay leading the way, in every position except LF, RF, CF.

Thats bad. You have to have at least one of your outfield positions putting up top of the league numbers, don't you? (Lind is listed as DH).

Look - I'm a Jays fan. I want them to win.

Pitchers are fragile. Your arm isn't supposed to do that. There is a reason (I presume) behind the general 100 pitch count and the 5 days rest etc.

In the old days, money wasn't invested in middle relief like it is today (nor with closers) - plus there was a history of starters regularly going the distance. Even the modern era had impressive innings pitched, compelete game stats. Take a look at Jack Morris, Dave Stieb or even the underrated Steve Rogers.

Sure, Halladay gave up 4 runs in the 7th, but did you see Cito talking to Roy in the bottom of the 7th in the dugout? When does that ever happen? I believe Roy was only behind in the count twice the entire game. That to me is dominant.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him throwing 120+ game after game. But every so often, as long as he looks strong, I see nothing wrong with it. It's not as if Arnsberg and Cito don't know their ace.

they battled which was the best part to see. when Janssen came in at the top of the 6th i said to elemeno "watch, this is his last inning, he shouldn't even be in there" and sure enough he fell right apart. i could tell he was done at the end of the 5th. Lost all his stuff.

Go Jays!