Jambands.ca

Wakeup mix suggestions?

kurly

My clock radio busted a couple weeks ago - it had something to do with waking up to Hanson. So I've started to use this: Collage Alarm Clock - it's freeware, it's got tons of options, but I like that you can load a playlist, a song or a disc cuz it connects to winamp. So I've been waking up to the same 3 songs the past couple weeks, and i need a change. Right now it's:

01 Radiohead - Lucky

02 Warren Haynes & Tim Reynolds - Soul Shine

03 a 70-something ABB Blue Bird

Any suggestions for some songs to get my ass out of bed in as good of a mood as possible?

Guest Low Roller

If you're like me, and your mornings feel like you just lied down after building the pyramids, then nice peaceful music may not be the ticket you're looking for.

I tried The Dead, Phish, ABB, Radiohead, etc... and they were all so peaceful that I would just close my eyes and fall asleep again.

Nay, may I suggest something a little more direct; something a little more primitive: Static X, Monster Magnet, Rammstein, White Zombie, and my favorite for those early mornings: Rancid and System Of A Down.

If it wasn't for metal*, I would never make it to work in the mornings. That's my morning secret folks. Don't spread it around too much.

* Yes, I know Rancid isn't metal. But it does the trick.

I used to wake up every morning to the first Borknagar album - they are a black metal band from Norway and their first album is just insanely fast, raw and heavy - but now that I have a family that includes a 6-month old child, our CD alarm clock kicks off with the Beatles' Revolution every morning and is followed shortly afterwards by Q107's morning show. If that's not annoying enough to wake you up, nothing might be

[Eek!]

as of late,i liek to listen to ben folds in the morning.i have a function on my stero that allows me to set the alarm to any second of any minute of any song on any cd in the player, so im set.

id also recomend

gov't mule - soulshine (the one from live with a little help . .)

phish - brian and robert

sci - joyful sound

mmw - shuck it up

any rocking version of layla by anybody

galactic - black eyed pea

i also realy go into waking up to nero's is it morning album for a while.

I like a little metal in the morning.. Depends how much time you have between when your alarm goes off and when you have to get your ass in gear. If that time is narrow, here's what I prescribe:

Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden (that hammering guitar and the ominous "i left a-lone" opening line will get you going right quick).

Sweetleaf - Sabbath

Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen

All great suggestions!

except for secondtube - you didn't suggest anything - you're just a hater [Razz]

in my first year at school - my roommate would wake me up every day with System's Toxicity (album not the sound) and then thrash until i got up an punched him - ohhh memories

im leaning to AD's suggestion for tommorrow

Archived