Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Umphrey's McGee @ Opera House

Jay Funk Dawg

It's been at least 2 years since Umphrey McGee has played in Toronto and we are stoked! Of all the current Jambands out there - Umphrey's embodies that "take it to the limit improvisation" that we love plus their jams rank amongst some of the most juicy and satisfying on tour today. Time is now to buy tickets as the show is on Wednesday! Don't miss this one folks - it's going to be ...er... EPIC!

Umphrey's Ticket Contest Update

Congrats to Large Marge who has won a pair of tickets to Umphrey's McGee plus something special from the band. We are all looking forward to the show next Wednesday, we hope you can make it.

Edited by Guest

meh.

I pretty much had the same impression the first two times that I saw UM. However, this past summer I ended up catching their late night set at Rothbury and they blew me away. It was the first time I gained an appreciation for how talented their guitar players are. It was a great show, less noodly and more melodic than I had seen in the past, while still maintaining a high-energy set.

I'd love to be checking them out again tonight, but Todd's jamming with the boys tonight so I am homeward bound.

Have fun folks. Hopefully there's a good turnout so we can continue to have jam oriented bands back up to these parts.

meh.

I pretty much had the same impression the first two times that I saw UM. However' date=' this past summer I ended up catching their late night set at Rothbury and they blew me away. It was the first time I gained an appreciation for how talented their guitar players are. It was a great show, less noodly and more melodic than I had seen in the past, while still maintaining a high-energy set.

I'd love to be checking them out again tonight, but Todd's jamming with the boys tonight so I am homeward bound.

Have fun folks. Hopefully there's a good turnout so we can continue to have jam oriented bands back up to these parts.[/quote']

I had a great time seeing them at the big summer classic a nuber of years ago - their set with Keller was killer. But I've seen them a few times since then and realized that their style just isn't my taste. I don't dig on the prog/metal influenced stuff as much as I do the funk/jazz based stuff and their repertoire seems to have much more of the former than the latter.

Very talented fellows - All in Time still floors me, but just not my bag.