Jambands.ca

Thrush Hermit reunion

Dr. J

Alright, so night one was awesome. They played almost all of Clayton Park, a few off Sweet Homewrecker and a handful from the rest of their discog. Their intro music was great - Boys Are Back In Town > Back In Time (Huey Lewis). After the set - If I Could Turn Back Time (Cher). haha

yeah, killer - better than any plaskett show i've seen in the last 10+ years, easy. loved the set, almost 2hrs for a band who's entire catalogue is barely 2 and a half - not much more they could have played! so good to hear those tunes live and loud and crunchy as fuck again. damn, i missed that band - hope this ignites something so its not another 10+ years...

didnt really see anyone last nite, but AD, i did catch your sideburns rockin' out about 10 people ahead of me, hahah... does that place always get that intensely crowded? i'd never been to the capital, but i was mostly annoyed with it and the 3 inch radius i had for the bulk of the nite. if i had rocked as hard as i wanted to, i likely woulda broke my nose on someones cranium.

One other thing that I thought was completely awesome was the pre-show music, specifically that the Hermit had a few Superfriendz songs on before The Mark Inside played, and then right before the 'back in time' playlist they put on the first 2 songs of Elevator's Vague Premonition (Energy and Rain). That album has always been killer for me but that was my first time hearing it from a rock club PA and shit was it impressively massive.