Jambands.ca

Internet Radio...

shainhouse

• 1 year later...

saturdays Radio 1 (I need my weekly wire tap fix), most of the rest of the time R3 which I especially like for the ability to easily add songs to playlists and thumbs-up so that I can come back to them later. Great little system they have set up there.

FOr non music, Radiolab is fantastic and I'm just getting into This American Life which is also quite good.

I have never, ever been a radio listener of any kind, commercials drive me nuts and no one can ever pick what I want to hear.

That said, I went looking for something commercial free to put on the Squeezebox while I'm working and came across Radio Paradise.

The mix is quite good and I have been turned onto some great bands that I had not heard of previously.

www.radioparadise.com -- you can check out the playlist online and see if it is up your alley or not.

I have never, ever been a radio listener of any kind, commercials drive me nuts and no one can ever pick what I want to hear.

The best radio stations are of the community/public/college variety. No commercials and eclectic tastes. You might have to listen to local community announcements and concert listings but I think that just adds to the charm. And the DJ is the master of ceremonies that ties everything together. I find that internet radio without a DJ has no soul, that's why I'm only interested in actual terrestrial stations. I typically listen to radio over the internet when I don't know what I want to listen to.

I've pimped this one many times before as it's the best radio station on the planet, IMO. WWOZ community radio out of New Orleans. Put it on now, but especially later tonight, and they will be playing some awesome shit!

http://www.wwoz.org/