Jambands.ca

SUPERBOWL!!

Schwa.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game and a great evening, although Super Bowl parties suck if you are a fan of the NFL and just want to watch the game. My first Bowl with PVR was a treat though to be able to pause for smoke breaks, rewind great plays and keep everyone paying attention at the right times.

A perfect way to wrap up a good season of football- the best team won and Peyton had his rep tarnished just a little bit.

Everyone is ripping on Manning but I don't get it. Why does a guy HAVE to win X amount of superbowls to be considered "one of the greats" and moreso, why do people feel soooooo compelled to make that distinction? Marcel Dionne is something like 4th all time in NHL scoring but he never won a cup. Therefore, he is not in the discussion of best of all time?? What if, just maybe he wasn't LUCKY enough to have all the other pieces fall into place to win the championship once, let alone 3 or 4 times?

Maybe Peyton is so amazingly unbelievably good that the colts would be a sub 500 team with anyone else at the helm.

Before any of you get all bent out of shape, I gotta say that personally I don't care, I just find it odd that its such an issue. Ive been listening to Sirius sports radio for the past two weeks and the hosts of various stations made such a big deal about this. I can only imagine how low on the totem pole he has dropped now.

Dan Marino is considered one of the all time greats and has no Superbowls. when Peyton retires he'll hold a pile of records and already has 2 superbowl victories under his belt so I think he'll certainly be considered an "all timer" eventually.

Those dinks on the radio just need something to talk about for their shows, I think.

I'm not getting bent of shape, but all I said was his rep was tarnished a little. I think he stands up as one of the greatest of all time, and maybe once his career is over he will be THE BEST- his stats at this point certainly say he is Top 5 for sure. Keeping on his current path barring injuries he will eclipse just about every passing standard in the modern era.

His laser rocket arm/ military mind failed him for once, and a deserving QB won- and I enjoyed both of those moments.

Dan Marino is considered one of the all time greats and has no Superbowls. when Peyton retires he'll hold a pile of records and already has 2 superbowl victories under his belt so I think he'll certainly be considered an "all timer" eventually.

Those dinks on the radio just need something to talk about for their shows, I think.

When did Manning win his two Super Bowls?

Well, here goes.

So, I arrived in West Palm, bout noon on Saturday, in time to hit the driving range for a couple of hours before running into my folks. Nice to hit a few, good way to kill a couple hours in my book. Met my family for a quick visit before they went out to dinner and I hopped in the limo to Miami. That's right, unbeknownst to me, I had limo access all weekend. So, off I went to the Owners Party in South Beach. Didn't meet a single owner, but met Venus and Serena Williams, which was pretty cool. Man,those are some large women. I had hoped to meet Common, but Serena said he was elsewhere that night. Oh well. Was only there for about an hour or so, but it had been a long day, so I headed back to West Palm to rest up for a busy Sunday.

Sunday morning, I woke up to realize that my folks have a 24hour soccer channel, so that meant I could watch CHELSEA BEAT ARSENAL 2-0!!!! What a great start to the day. Eventually, it was time to head to Miami and get it started. Upon arriving in Miami we went to a pre-party in Steve Ross's box, which was pretty neat. The only former Dolphin that was there at that time was Nat Moore, who held most Dolphins receiving records before Clayton and Duper in the 80s. Apparently both of those 2 showed up later but I missed em. Why? Because that was when I was taken on the Field!! Holy crap. The Saints were warming up 10 feet from me. Upon there retreat to the locker room my liason asked if I wanted to do anything special. I said I wanted to lay my hand on the NFC logo in the end zone, and was told that that'd be no problem, and doing that was great. It's the little things, sometimes. Soon enough, game time. You know of the game, you probably wantched the game if yer reading this, so I'll just cover the "extras". For example, it became clear that in the box next to ours were the Black Eyed Peas. Now, I've not liked the since they hired the hooker meth addict, but to each there own. The point is, when it was found out that they were there the crowd went nuts. Then, people in our box looked at me as the only one under 50 and said, "That kid will want his picture taken with Fergie. So, once logistics and bodyguards had been sorted, off I went for a photo with Fergie. By this point, the whole end of the stadium was cheering Fergie's name. So, I got to their box where Will.I.Am, Tabu (sp?), and Apl D Ap (sp?) greeted me like long lost friends, while Fergie's manager told us that the crowd had her totally freaked out and she wasn't moving. That's understandable, but meant I had a pic taken with the good 3 Peas. Suited me fine. The Who I've seen before, but at the Super Bowl it was a blast, sounded good live. After that, a good fun 2nd half, and out into the night.

Whew, guess that's it. I had a blast, was treated like a king be Dolphins staff, and I can't wait to go back.

:relax: