Jambands.ca

SUPERBOWL!!

Schwa.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the game wasn't terrible, but it certainly didn't grab my attention like the last couple did. Manning had a few surgical precise throws throughout the game, but I wish he didn't throw that INT so that there could have been more drama for the ending.

The Who was just weird...Roger's voice sounded better than I thought it would, Pete seemed really sloppy and uncomfortable to me.

Fuck CTV and that horrible endless barrage of horrible commercials, I wanted to fucking hang myself. If they did a Pay Per View of an American feed with American commercials, I would buy it.

Fuck CTV and that horrible endless barrage of horrible commercials, I wanted to fucking hang myself. If they did a Pay Per View of an American feed with American commercials, I would buy it.

I saw most of the American commercials. It seemed like a week lineup to me this year. Much the same as the game they were quite dull.

Enjoyed the game for sure. Wasn't as exciting as Wash v Pitts in the afternoon, but diff sport ;)

Was happy to flip back and forth from watching a few other things then to the PVR to play a little catchup. A lot more enjoyable being able to skip through those Olympic promos and commercial breaks. Amazing how much more enjoyable it is without that crap :D

I liked the Who's set, but peipunk's description was good ... it was just a little weird. Not Michael Jackson weird, but just not right. Could Pete have been irritated more by his jacket getting in the way??? 12mins is a lot of time to focus on 3 guys and keep people entertained.

Congrats to NO! Gutsy plays and a killer interception sealed the deal after a shakey 1st quarter. They totally deserved that win and championship.

i can't stand the whole "Who Dat?" crap, but this made me chuckle

People are complaining about the game? If you werent entertained then hand in your football fan passes, immediately. The 2 previous SuperBowls were classics and probably wont be matched for years to come.

For some reason, I also got most of the American commercials this year. No idea what happened there but it was a first.

The Who was just weird...Roger's voice sounded better than I thought it would, Pete seemed really sloppy and uncomfortable to me

That's what I thought too. Roger sounded great but Pete looked lost. I wonder if nerves got to him. Still, it was pretty awesome hearing a whole stadium singing along with Baba O'Reilly and the light show was fantastic. I really enjoyed the performance.

For some reason, I also got most of the American commercials this year. No idea what happened there but it was a first.

The west coast CBS feed was being simulcast by CTV but the east coast CBS feed wasn't so it had all the commercials. Between trying not to miss any of the game AND the commercials, it made dinner preparation a bitch.

Overall I thought it was a good game, being in the balance until about the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Not a classic but far from a dud.

Wonder how Archie Manning felt seeing NO win.

Heard him on the radio being interviewed about who he was pulling for. He stopped short of calling people idiots who think he would be cheering for New Orleans and essentially said if you ever had a son and followed his entire career up to a moment like this, you wouldnt even begin to question who he was going to cheer for.

It was beautifully stated.

But I am sure it didnt sting as much........

As for The Who? More like The Meh. It was visually stunning at points but I didnt care for most of their performance.