Jambands.ca

Fruit Bats - Horseshoe - Wed. Mar. 24

zero

Just wanted to remind folks that Fruit Bats are playing at the Horseshoe and I can assure you that many of you would be seriously into this band and show. The folks at jambands.ca are cooking up an interview with bandleader Eric D. Johnson that should be up soon to whet your appetite, but I would highly recommend people at very least give their newest album Rumninant Band a close listen (it's one of the most important records of 2009). Also their previous outings Spelled In Bones and the sprawling Mouthfuls are the sort of 4-track experiments run amok in a studio with multi-instrumentalists who all double as recording engineers.

It's truly going to be a stellar night.

Yup. Grabbed a copy of Rumninant Band after the last thread that was circulating here about the band. Dig it for sure. Great stuff. Unfortunately making their show is just not in the cards for me tomorrow, but I am sure it will be well worth attending!

I've been on cloud 9 all day. I've literally been waiting for this show since the tickets went on sale a few months ago. I'm hoping that we hear some songs off the earlier albums and not just Ruminant Band. The Earthquake of 73 being one of them! Keep your fingers crossed for me!