Jambands.ca

Little Feat in TO

onthejourney

actually the female lead singer they had has left the band, I believe, so they may be good again.

I just noticed that in their PR pic on the beer site. I was wondering if she was gone for good.

I saw them once with her and was terribly disappointed (at least i got in for free and only saw the last 5 songs).

pumped. im gonna get tixckets soon, havent seen Feat since 06 in pepperjacks. that was so ridiculous it will never be topped. smoking dubes with fred or paul, i cant remember, trying to convince them to come and play our wedding campout.

great times.

and this show could be at a much worse venue, i mean a beerfest with a big grilling tent? IN

I saw them once with her and was terribly disappointed (at least i got in for free and only saw the last 5 songs).

are you talking about that show we sent to together at the Docks? I remember that we left as soon as she came out.

A buddy reminded me about the first time seeing the band with her at the old Ontario Place forum. I had brought some friends not familiar with Little Feat and was SO dissapointed that I had been talking them up.

I've seen Feat before Shaun joined opening for ABB at Maple Leaf gardens (LF encore was Dixie Chicken, w/ Warren & Jeff Healey) and numerous times after she joined & I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with a Little Feat show. I thought she added a nice flavour to the mix.

A buddy reminded me about the first time seeing the band with her at the old Ontario Place forum. I had brought some friends not familiar with Little Feat and was SO dissapointed that I had been talking them up.

Was that the Bluesfest show? I saw Feat at Ontario Place (revolving stage) with Dr. John, BB King, Pinetop Perkins (amongst a few others).

I was at the docks show as well, thing I remember the most was how bad the sound there was.

I've seen Feat before Shaun joined opening for ABB at Maple Leaf gardens (LF encore was Dixie Chicken, w/ Warren & Jeff Healey) and numerous times after she joined & I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with a Little Feat show. I thought she added a nice flavour to the mix.

I was at the gardens show. really enjoyed it.

Was that the Bluesfest show? I saw Feat at Ontario Place (revolving stage) with Dr. John, BB King, Pinetop Perkins (amongst a few others).

That was the show. I had a memory of BB King being on that bill, and a very vague memory of seeing Dr. John as well. thanks for that reminder.

I always found her to be a downer at the shows. like at the Docks show, the band came out played some great tunes, good jams, and then she came out and it felt like she took all of the air out a balloon. we stayed for maybe one song and then left.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had've seen a show with the late Lowell George but, alas, my first LF show was summer 1990 at the Kingswood (LF headlining, low attendance) and it was a freaking funkfest - so amazing!! Saw them every time they came after that, until Shaun joined the band. I thought she seemed okay at the beginning, singing maybe one song and backup vocals, but then with each show, she seemed to be taking over more and more of the lead vocals, and it almost completely ruined the LF experience for me. I think both the Pepper Jacks show and that previous Hamilton (Uncle Funguy) show (sorry, venue name escapes me) were exceptions 'cause I think the band were so stoned and were having so much fun that the tunes took on lives of their own. The jams at those shows were amazing (or was that just me?). Anyway, my point being (after that ramble) is what a treat it would be to see LF without Shaun, unless of course she's been replaced with someone as equally annoying. Just hope I can make the show now.

The other Hamilton show was at Club 77 if I recall correctly. I thought that was a great show. Bela Fleck played that club too which was also a HUGE treat. Is that place even in existence still? I think it changed hands. As far as I know, for the most part it operated as a generic, lugan, tramp yourself up and get into a fight type of place. But the few times that briguy (i think?) got a hold of it to bring some quality acts in was pure magic.

Club 77, the old Texas Border!

I also saw a Little Feat show at Kingswood, but I think it might have been 1992; they were on a double-bill with George Thorogood & The Destroyers, who played second. I went because of Thorogood, but came out far more impressed with Little Feat, whom I had never heard before. I left with a Little Feat T-shirt, and I think I bought Waiting For Columbus the next day.

Those were the good old days, when a season's pass to Wonderland was only about $60 or so, and tickets to the shows at Kingswood only cost about $10; if you wanted to see at least two shows at Kingswood you just bought a season's pass, since it was about $30 to get in for the day anyway. I must have see 30 shows at Kingswood over about four years. That all ended when Molson Amphitheatre was built.

Club 77, the old Texas Border!

I also saw a Little Feat show at Kingswood, but I think it might have been 1992; they were on a double-bill with George Thorogood & The Destroyers, who played second. I went because of Thorogood, but came out far more impressed with Little Feat, whom I had never heard before. I left with a Little Feat T-shirt, and I think I bought Waiting For Columbus the next day.

Those were the good old days, when a season's pass to Wonderland was only about $60 or so, and tickets to the shows at Kingswood only cost about $10; if you wanted to see at least two shows at Kingswood you just bought a season's pass, since it was about $30 to get in for the day anyway. I must have see 30 shows at Kingswood over about four years. That all ended when Molson Amphitheatre was built.

Ha! I was at that show too. I totally remebe all that. Kingswood now collects dust and is a ghosttown.

Ah, the memories...I remember getting tickets for the George Thorogood show for the sole purpose of seeing Little Feat again. So, we drove up to the Kingswood in time to catch LF, paid the $6 to park, paid the $20 (or whatever it was) to get into the park to catch the $10 (+ service charges) show. Turns out, the start time of the show had been pushed an hour earlier and we'd never been notified, so when we arrived LF were almost done. We were so pissed off, to miss LF when that was why we went in the first place, that we turned around and left. Then, we got back to the car and it was dead, so I had to get a tow from Wonderland back to Toronto. Man, what a crap night! After all that, I did manage to get back the cost of the $10 ticket, but that was it...so much for taking a stand :(

That was my first Feat show. Aug 24, 1994. What a blast.

The other Hamilton show was at Club 77 if I recall correctly. I thought that was a great show. Bela Fleck played that club too which was also a HUGE treat. Is that place even in existence still? I think it changed hands. As far as I know, for the most part it operated as a generic, lugan, tramp yourself up and get into a fight type of place. But the few times that briguy (i think?) got a hold of it to bring some quality acts in was pure magic.

yep you got it. I put Feat in Hamilton three times. Club 77 the first two times and Pepper Jack's the third time. First show was May 29 2003 with Fat Cats opening, second time was June 22 2004 with Diesel Dog opening, and PJC on Sep 8 2006 with JP Riemens and The Bar Flies.

Flecktones were amazing in Club 77, and Scofield. Hopefully do them all again someday.

See you in Toronto on Aug 8th!

Wish I had've seen a show with the late Lowell George but, alas, my first LF show was summer 1990 at the Kingswood (LF headlining, low attendance) and it was a freaking funkfest - so amazing!! Saw them every time they came after that, until Shaun joined the band. I thought she seemed okay at the beginning, singing maybe one song and backup vocals, but then with each show, she seemed to be taking over more and more of the lead vocals, and it almost completely ruined the LF experience for me. I think both the Pepper Jacks show and that previous Hamilton (Uncle Funguy) show (sorry, venue name escapes me) were exceptions 'cause I think the band were so stoned and were having so much fun that the tunes took on lives of their own. The jams at those shows were amazing (or was that just me?). Anyway, my point being (after that ramble) is what a treat it would be to see LF without Shaun, unless of course she's been replaced with someone as equally annoying. Just hope I can make the show now.

I had tickets for that Kingwood show. Sold them cause we decided to go see the (Grateful) Dead at Cal Expo.

My experience with LF and Shaun was basically the same as yours.

edit: actually, that was in 1989. looks like they played kingswood two years in a row.

Edited by Guest

If anyone would like to check out a recent performance:

Little Feat- 5.7.2010 Fall River, MA

Little Feat

Narrows Center For The Arts

Fall River, Massachusetts

May 7, 2010

1. Down In Flames

2. Walking All Night

3. Fool Yourself

4. Cat Fever

5. Spanish Moon >