Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I can't even begin to express how jealous I was of the people at the Bell Centre last night. My insane schedule just did not permit it at all, but even watching it on a shitty internet feed was enough to give me goosebumps. Saku Koivu represented something special during the Habs worst period in franchise history. He maintained that gentlemanly air about himself that so many great Habs of days past had, and which was sorely missing in a team going through a severe identity crisis after the Roy/Tremblay debacle. Koivu should be remembered as a Habs legend after he retires based, at the very least, on last night's reception. I will go as far as to say that they should retire his #11 jersey... Controversial perhaps because he does not hold any team records, never won the Cup, or won a lot of trophies, but he was with the team for 13 seasons, and was captain for 9 of them. And has there ever been an active player that got as much of an ovation, and as frequently, as Koivu. In the cap era there will probably never be another player like him, and he really was a good guy who loved Montreal and Montreal loved him.

Koivu%2Bretired%2Bcopy.jpg

That was fucking awesome and easily a top 5 live moment for me. Towards the end of the national anthem the Bell Center put up a couple of images of Koivu. As the song ended, the crowd started chanting "Saku! Saku! Saku!" and began getting louder, staying on their feet and giving him a standing ovation. He kept circling around and waving and the crowd just got louder. His teamates skated towards their bench while he tried to get them to come back and join him in the faceoff circle but to no avail. It basically ended with Saku at center ice by himself as the crowd rained down their undying love. Fucking awesome I tells you.

We totally expected some sort of dealio down by the organization but trust me when I say the fans showed far more class with their offering and after that I was ok if the Habs didnt provide some sort of tribute because it wouldnt have matched what we all did in our seats. Koivu was visably touched and that's all that mattered. I think my only regret is that he somehow didnt get voted as the 1st star of the game or even been given all three for that matter.

My second favorite part of the night had to be Tissueman stating "I am done with beer for the night" during the second intermission and assuming he was because stating so because he was already full of alcohol........until I noticed he was double-fisting rum and cokes. Pretty sure I am still hungover.

French? What the hell are we paying you to do around here? Booche is a Bouchard in name only.

Don't worry I'm on it and with the use of modern tech I've got the first 5 translated. Makes perfect sense to me. Mmmmm, Goldens Delicious Seals!

You can thank me later guys.....

Exchanges are rare in LNH since the end of lock-out, but active DG of the Canadian, Pierre Gauthier, residence.

It acquired hope Michael Bournival, choice of second round dance of the Avalanche in 2010, in return for the defender Ryan O Byrne, acquired the defender james Wiesniewski des Islanders of New York against a choice of second round dance and envoy Maxim Lapierre to the Ducks d' Anaheim against a choice of the fifth round dance and a defender of the persons under 18. Without forgetting his the most important transaction, which sent the security guard Jaroslav Halak to St Louis against the young person Lars Eller...

It would be amazing that the exchange of Wiesniewski passes to history, even if, in the short term, it will return precious services probably to the team. But what will they say in 10 years of the departure of Jaroslav Halak to the advantage of Carey Price? Let us have a good time to redrawing the five better exchanges of the history of the Canadian and worse five!

1) 1970 Ernie Hicke and the first choice of CH in Goldens Delicious Seals of Oakland counters their first choice (Guy Lafleur) and François Lacombe. (DG Sam Pollock)

Shrewd managing director of the Tricolour used the naivety of his counterpart to give them Hicke, which seemed filled with promises but that was not worth the first choice in total - certain Guy Lafleur. Pollock even exchanged Ralph Backstrom in Kings of Los angeles in the course of the winter to make sure as these arrive after Goldens Delicious Seals in the tail of the classification.

2) 1964 Guy Allen and Paul Reid in Bruins of Boston for Alex Campbell and Ken Dryden (DG Sam Pollock)

Bruins did not like that the young security guard Ken Dryden says to them that he liked to follow his studies in Cornell immediately having been recovered. Sam Pollock quickly grabbed the godsend. Dryden became one of the big security guards of history, earning six Cups Stanley, of whom the first one in 1971 having eliminated Bruins, however broadly favourite.

3) 1971 Mickey Redmond, Guy cartwright and Bill Collins in Red Wings of Strait for Frank Mahovlich (DG Sam Pollock)

The Canadian has just missed series for the first time in 22 years and turns in a circle next winter. They even discharged the coach Claude Ruel to replace it with AL MCNEIL. The arrival of Mahovlich transforms the team, which qualifies itself for series thanks to a chip of 23-10-5 in second half out of place finally. It acquires 27 points in matchs 20 during the eliminatory and the Canadian, at general surprise, carries off the Cup Stanley. Redmond will give 2 seasons of 50 purposes however in Wings.

4) 1969 Garry Monahan and Doug Piper to the Red Wings de Détroit against Pete Mahovlich and Bart Crashley (DG Sam Pollock)

Peter Mahovlich, in 22 years, struggles to pierce the training of Red Wings. Monahan either does not succeed in hanging on to LNH. The first was recovered second in total in 1963, second in the first rank the same year. They are exchanged two young persons. Monahan will remain barely one year in Strait. Mahovlich nine years. It will carry off there 4 times the Cup and accumulate 100 points more in 2 opportunities.

5) 1992 Shayne Corson, Brent Gilchrist and Vladimir Vujtek to the Oilers d' Edmonton for Vincent Damphousse (DG Serge Savard)

Damphousse played during 7 years for the Canadian, acquired 3 seasons of more than 90 points and accumulated 23 points in matchs 20 when CH carried off the Cup in 1993. The acquisition of Bobby Smith against Mark Napier and Keith Acton in 1983 remains one of the others big blows of Savard.