Jambands.ca

Radiohead-The King of Limbs

PassedOutGuy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/14/new-radiohead-album-the-king-of-limbs-will-hit-web-on-saturday/

New Radiohead Album, ‘The King of Limbs,’ Will Hit Web on Saturday

By DAVE ITZKOFF

It’s the morning after the Grammy Awards, when the recording industry is still recovering from after-parties, after-after-parties and any pathogenic bacteria it might have picked up from Lady Gaga’s egg, so who would expect there to be any music news before Justin Bieber wakes up?

Radiohead, that’s who. That nonconformist British band opted to wait until immediately after the Grammys (and, in Britain, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards) to announce that its next album, “The King of Limbs,â€will be available as a digital download on Saturday before its physical release in May.

But unlike its last album, “In Rainbows,†for which Radiohead allowed online customers to pay what they wished (if they wished to pay anything at all), “The King of Limbs†will not be sold at such flexible prices. On its Web site for the new album, thekingoflimbs.com, the band said that a digital version can be purchased in advance for $9 (for MP3 format) or $14 (for WAV format).

Radiohead is also offering what it calls a “newspaper album†release of “The King of Limbs†(a metaphor that was lost on at least one newspaper employee) which includes two 10-inch vinyl records and a compact disc, as well as “many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-color piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.†This release is sold for $48 (for MP3 digital files) or $53 (for WAV), and will be shipped on May 9, the band said.

Guest Low Roller

Radiohead – The King Of Limbs

01 Bloom [New Song]

02 Morning Mr. Magpie [debuted during Radiohead's webcast on December 18th 2002]

03 Little By Little [New Song]

04 Feral [New Song]

05 Lotus Flower [debuted by Thom Yorke on Eraser tour in 2010]

06 Codex [New Song]

07 Give Up The Ghost [debuted by Thom Yorke on Eraser tour in 2010]

08 Seperator [debuted by Thom Yorke on Eraser tour in 2010, known as 'Mouse Dog Bird']

thanks.

listening to it now makes me really, really miss The Bends and OK Computer. back when they played instruments and not laptops.

ok, smoked a bowl, put on the earphones, went for a walk, changed my mind.

definitely better the 2nd time around and not on a stereo. and certainly more instrument driven than I initially thought.

Edited by Guest

question for anyone who has bought the full package from the KoL website. Is the first form where you enter your details the only place you put an address, or is there an option for putting in a different delivery address? Trying to buy it as a gift for someone, but don't want to end up getting it delivered to me instead.

thanks.

One word came to mind as I was listening to it.

Really? That's it?

I am rather indifferent at the moment and wondering if Ed is even in the band but maybe it will grow on me with subsequent listens. I didnt care for Kid A at first so there is hope. I definitely agree with Fluff in that Separator is going to be fucking huge live.