Radiohead-The King of Limbs

PassedOutGuy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
James Blake did it better.

Also a great album! I'm loving the whole dubstep movement. Thom Yorke said that he has been heavily influenced by Flying Lotus of late. You can especially hear the influence in the song Feral which should be absolutely devastating live (think Idioteque or The Gloaming).

Only track I can't get into is Give Up The Ghost.

I am enjoying this record quite a bit...very relaxed, and grows on you with every listen. Been hearing and reading a lot of negative reactions about this record...which is a bit surprising - thought fans of this band enjoyed when they stepped outside the box. Who cares if it is not "their greatest record to date"...they made a new one.

Guest Low Roller
Is this really Radiohead or just Thom and Johnny??

Seriously? This is clearly Colin's album. Have you ever heard his bass so prominent in the mix before or his lines so intricate?

Phil is going to have a heart attack playing some of these songs live.

Is this really Radiohead or just Thom and Johnny??

Seriously? This is clearly Colin's album. Have you ever heard his bass so prominent in the mix before or his lines so intricate?

Phil is going to have a heart attack playing some of these songs live.

Not really I guess, but everything just gets lost in the 'electro crickets' shit to my ears. Reminds me alot of the atrocity that was The Siket Disc.

All of that said, I should note I haven't really been into much the band has done since about 1999. After Kid A I could not decode the message. In Rainbows was a return to form if only for a couple year or so.

Love on peeps, I don't get this band anymore. And thats my loss I suppose...

Guest Low Roller

Conspiracy rumours abound!!

Is King of Limbs a multi-volume album? Not that the thought hadn't crossed my mind, but there is growing paranoia online that the 8 tracks released last week are just the first volley to a greater whole.

Some of the less crazy theories are:

- When you download the file from the website it's called TKOL1. Is there a TKOL2?

- The vinyl version being released in May, aka "Newspaper Edition", is a double LP. Why the need for two records as 37 minutes of music will comfortably fit onto one record.

- Then there is the whole tapestry that Stanley Donwood painted for the album, of which only a corner was used...

246555516.jpg

Guest Low Roller

It ain't no Kid A, that's for sure. It lacks a certain cohesiveness I think. The songs themselves are great, but there is an overall lack of flow. I can't wait to hear these songs live.

My ex girlfriend was one of the editors at The Gazette out of Western when we first met and Mark Pytlik was on her staff. Mark hung around with us alot and was a pretty great writer even back them. And he was definitely ahead of the hipster curve as far as fashion and music went. I thought he'd be writing for Time by now, not Pitchfork.