Jambands.ca

**BNB** do "ANIMALS"- Tonight and tomorrow night in TO and KW!!!

ersh

We've just confirmed a few dates....

March 15 - The Dakota Tavern - Toronto

March 16 - Starlight - Waterloo

Gavin and I are doing a month of Shows with Peter Elkas throughout March to celebrate the release of our new record, Repeat Offender. This will include tuesdays at the dakota, wednesdays at starlight, and thursdays at ebar in guelph.

BNB will join the Elkas bill for two nights, where, because we dug it so much in December, we'll once again perform Pink Floyd's "Animals" in it's entirety both nights. Elkas band will be doing a set both nights, along with some other guests too.

Check out the rest of the Elkas March dates.

http://www.peterelkas.com/?page_id=5

(including one with Sisters Euclid March 10)

The last time I was at the Dakota, there was an air vent in the ceiling about mid-way back from the stage, reasonably centred relative to the stage, and it also had a horizontal metal deflector plate below it. Does anyone know if that stuff still there?

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Direct question at everyone, to avoid confusing people.

The last time I was at the Dakota' date=' there was an air vent in the ceiling about mid-way back from the stage, reasonably centred relative to the stage, and it also had a horizontal metal deflector plate below it. Is that stuff still there?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

How is GAD's name would a band have that information.

I imagine brad was getting some noise from the vent.....i advise a plan to set up the mics further from said vent.

VOILA!

Nope. When I clamped to the metal under the duct, I didn't get that much noise from it, and it's not a bad location for mics, especially because the Dakota is so small that a mic stand takes up an awkward amount of floor space. If I go to the March 15 show, I'd be using a (new) smaller set of mics, which should work nicely in the same spot/arrangement.

!ALOIV,

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh, I gotta miss this.

Sigh, I'm sad to admit I know this, but both vents are still in place. I don't think they actually use the vents (I believe they're heaters) very often. I've placed my H4 right up on them with no issue. Having tried both, I'd definitely stick with the rear vent, farther from the stage.

(Brad I need that bloomers first song! please!!)

music should start around 10ish...

serena jean on first, then elkas, then BNB. We should be on around 1... but I imagine the place will fill up quick. If you wanna avoid waiting in line (possibly for a long time as the place is small and the tuesdays have been selling out each week), come early and catch all the sets.