Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

Though Jimmy Buffett prefers to only play Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, he does make some exceptions.

Any idea why? That is new to me, although both of my Jimmy shows were on those days of the week.

I think if artists such as Frampton and Fogerty are playing in non headlining spots- then why not Buffett?

Friday it is!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though Jimmy Buffett prefers to only play Tuesdays' date=' Thursdays and Saturdays, he does make some exceptions. [/quote']

I think it has to do with making $50 million a year, not wanting to play consecutive days, and a desire to visit the cities he plays in.

and a desire to visit the cities he plays in.

I respect that a great deal. I don't know how many rock biographies I have read that talk about going from the hotel to the bus to the arena to the bus to a hotel and NEVER seeing anything other than those things.

"I saw a car and a room and a room and a car and a cheese sandwich" - John Lennon

• 2 weeks later...

Facking christ these additions are underwhelming! There's so many solid acts touring this summer, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Ween, give me a little Delta Spirit for facks sakes. I'm not complaining, just sayin. Mumford and Sons saturday perhaps...

Peter Elkas is now on the bill. Saturday, July 9 - 5:45pm

Barney Danson Theatre

as well as Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk

Sunday, July 10 - 9:30pm

Subway Stage

these guys are fun, neville brothers always deliver

Edited by Guest

Facking christ these additions are underwhelming! There's so many solid acts touring this summer, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Ween, give me a little Delta Spirit for facks sakes. I'm not complaining, just sayin. Mumford and Sons saturday perhaps...

Mumford are in Spain on Sat July 16

Decemberists are in our general area later in July and early August

Ween and Fleet Foxes would fit perfectly- I'm perplexed as to why they didn't get signed.

I've been pushing Dennis Coffey backed by the Will Sessions band (sort of Detroit's answer to the Dap Kings) for ages. They're playing the night before at the Horseshoe as well.

Here's a short article on his background, solo material and current self-titled. There's a good instrumental of Cee-Lo's Fuck You in that article as well.

That's probably a good read but with a backing band like Will Sessions and the catalogue of music he's played on directly, plus his definitive soul wah outings like Scorpio, I'd imagine it'll work for the lawn chair crowd and everyone else.