Jambands.ca

moe.nero in Ottawa - 11-12-2003

Jakis

Just go to Montreal, and worry about the rest later..............

That WAS fantastic.

This is what DaveO has for a setlist:

I: Gone > Organs (brief) > Crab Eyes, Faker > So Long > Plane Crash (w/ Dave Lauzon)

II: McBain, Hi+Lo > Bullet > Head, Kyle's > Big World

E: Nebraska, Sweet Emotion

... or something like that?

Chuck played 3rd Stone From the Sun with nero.

That was amazing!! Nero was solid and I couldn't stop moving. My Jamband-virgin-buddy really liked Nero.

moe. was f*cking insane!!! I don't think I have even seen/heard anything like that. Killer.

A highlight for me was the giant smile on Dave's face when he got on stage with moe.

I enjoyed meeting the Southern Ont scanks (Eric, I feel like I accidentally ditched you. I really did try to find you outside, but then I decided I needed to get home and see my family. Sorry about that).

Sunshine, your friend Katie was a riot. She kept calling me Joel... She still owes me a beer.

What The Fuck!!! If only I could blow off all my responsibilities like I used to. Although there is absolutely no way I could have been at this show it still hurts. So Chuck actually sat in with Nero and Dave with moe.- that is just the shit. Give me some more details. Never been to Barrymore's, how big is it, how full was it? As always were the braless wonders out in full effect.

Yep, I feel I made the right choice last night. Nero was Nero, but moe. was pretty intense.

The first set of moe. was forgettable but the second was a whole world better. I was looking form some quintessential jamband/party band material and that's what they put out.

I thought the first set was funny because they seemed to be struggling until Dave stepped in and saved the day. I think moe.'s lead guitarist was getting upstaged there toward the end.

Anyway, it was a good time and I was pretty pleased with last night's show.

I can't really describe what I was feeling last night, watching moe and nero get it on.

What a pleasure it was to watch Dave join moe and Chuck join nero. It's rare to witness such an honour.

The first image is one of the few I grabbed in moe's set. The second one booche pulled off of his camera from nero's set. I have a feeling that there are alot of pictures from last night floating around [Wink]

-

-

Wowzie wowzie wow wow ... I'm still in a state of bliss after what happened last night in Ottawa.

The show in Toronto was great ... a big turnout and some fantastic music, especially the second half of moe.'s first set.

The show in Ottawa ... I'm speechless ... Barrymore's is a beautiful room ... the home town crowd ... a good turnout, but not packed (maybe 400 people?) ... lots of room to dance for nero ... nero sounded super sweet, much nicer sound than in Toronto ... when Chuck joined nero, I thought "it couldn't have gone any better" ... when Dave joined moe. for Plane Crash, I was blown away ... a dream came true ... fantasy became reality for everyone in Barrymore's ... I remember just after the song ended Pete (Wierdness) and I looking at each other for what seemed like a long time, speechless ... finally we both said "wow" and that was all we could muster ... moe. is a mind-blowing psychedelic rock band ... and so cool of them to bring Dave up on stage, and to let him get comfortable and settled in ... he blazed, jammed with Chuck, dueled with Al, got Rob smiling, and looked like he was having the time of his life, as we all were ... can't write any more now ... must sleep ... life does not get any better than this ...

Peace, Mark

Couple days behind, but I think I left my brain in Ottawa! What a FANTASTIC time!!! My first time seeing Moe. and I am speechless! oh man, oh man, oh man!!!!! And of course, Nero made my night perfect. [big Grin]

Thanks to Sharon and Mike for the hospitality, and thanks Eric and Mark for the wonderful company there and back.

Hope to see the Ottawa crew again sooner then later -- maybe some of you will come to Kitchener on the 28th for Nero?

[Wink]

Archived