Jambands.ca

What are the details for Winterland on Bloor?

Dave Eh

I wouldn't think it will start before 12. Although you might wanna get down there for 11:30ish to stand in line.

When I went for Dark Oz they said that they would be searching bags, but as far as I could tell they weren't. I'm not sure what the booze situation will be like, bring at your own risk I guess. But definitely smoke em if ya got em.

this is going to be SO fun!

I can't wait to boogie in the aisles with my buddies

just like the good ole days...sharing a fatty with POG, and dancin' to The Grateful Dead

yeehawwww

see ya there CyberHippie [Cool]

basher...will we be seeing you as well???

we can do breakfast at Frans afterwards...toast with no butter...that's vegan isn't it [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes]

Heres the deal,I talked to Rory(GDSS) at moe. on tuesday,they have rented the cinema from 11:30pm to 3:00am.I thought he mentioned that it was free but the flyers he gave me to hand out say tickets at door.Probally won't find any info online since its not being ran by the cinema itself but by Rory & a couple friends.

The Closing of the winterland

Presented in DTS at the Bloor st. Cinema

506 Bloor st. West

Sat.Nov.15th

11:30pm - 3:00am

This will be an awesome eve!

Esau - you pulling out all the stops for this one or what? [Razz]

And for those that are intersted in pre-film fun, there is a GNR tribute show happening at the El Mocambo that same night... $5 cover, $3 if you dress up as Axl.

I'm thinking of hitting up both. So if I show up at the hippie fest show in plaid, swigging off a bottle of jd, you'll know where I've been prior.... [big Grin]

It'll be a night of rock and roll decadence!

-

+

-

=

-

M, thats funny you mention GNR. i went from listening to guns n fuckin' roses to the god dam grateful dead almost over night. after hearing GD on hittss, i was hooked.

i sold my GNR bootleg collection(sorry axel) for a dead tshirt, what a long starnge trip, JGB live and a 10 pack of maxell 90 min tapes. thank you sound traxx of chatham!!

QQC ---- I don't know the details yet - I'm lending my car to bones, and sometime saturday afternoon meeting up with him and heading down to TO via POG's place -so, don't know if there's room in the volvo this time.. yet, anyway. overnight plans still uncertain. send me your phone number and i'll give you a shout when it's worked out. i think bones is headed to GTB from ptbo, but i don't know anything, really. yeah, i haven't got a clue.

Instagator! I hear what you're saying... I remember obsessively collecting dead tapes while simultaneously tracking down the rarest and livest gnr I could find at the time. Made for an odd girl thats for sure.

I was reminiscing last night about taking the GO train to copps colliseum to see gnr ... and buying a "gun" earring to wear in honor of the man.... i made my sister make me an "absolut axl" t-shirt for the gnr shows i saw... with the appetite for destruction skull of axl on it.

ah, the good times. buying a bootleg cd that cost me an arms leg of the first time gnr performed patience.. on a radio show. axl starts it off by saying "this is a song called patience... i dont even know the fucking words". i have crazy gnr bootlegs.. gotta go revisit those sometime soon! i'll make you copies of some of my finest gnr ... so sad you had to sell yours! but it was for the dead so you can't go wrong there...

yup, and i remember the transition phase when my hippie drug friends did not understand my love of hard boozin' and gnr and the rest of the metal that ensued. this saturday is a night made in heaven for this kid. the dead show will be killer but i just hope the tribute bands prior do diligence!

hey Esau... keep me posted on your plans. how can you miss it?!

yeah... you look nothing alike... maybe if you got a tattoo or two, and had a drink w. some booze in it for a change, you'd at least start to look a little like him... [Razz]

keep in mind, your love of spandex has to count for something too....

[big Grin]

Hey DAVE!

Nice to see you posting again.

This winterland thing sounds like fun, but I can't be in TO for that.

Guess what though? We're coming to Toronto for Dec.5th and 6th. We'll be staying downtown at the usual spot, so we have to hook up man! Dr.Huxtable and Electric Meat are playing friday night at C'est What. I think that's the same place we saw Hiway Freeker with Flipowitsch. Coffee beer?

Anyway e-mail me so I can reply and then you can reply and then I'll reply, etc....

So hears some more info about the show...Rory is accepting 10 dollars for two seats.... this pretty much gaurentees you a seat... this also covers the cost of renting out the theatre for the evening making this a private function... hence the puffing down... not too sure about the alcohol situation... If you dont pay the 10 dollars the event still is free or a small donation... and i believe it will be starting right at or around 11 30...

FYI, if anybody's looking for some heady preshow fun, Electric Meat and Uncle Seth are playing just a smidge down the road at Clinton's Tavern (693 Bloor St. W.). Seth goes on at 10 pm, Meat at 11 pm, so you could likely catch a couple of sets and be back at the Bloor in plenty of time to catch most of the program.

Peace,

Mr. M.

this would have been such an insane night [Eek!]

12-31-78 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Sun)

1: Sugar Magnolia> Scarlet> Fire, Me & My Uncle> Big River, FOTD, All Over Now, Stagger Lee, Heart Of Me> Sunshine Daydream

2: Samson, Ramble On, Miracle*> Terrapin> Playin> Drumz**> NFA***> Around***

3: Dark Star> Other One> Dark Star> Wharf Rat> St. Stephen> Good Lovin

E1: Casey Jones> Johnny B. Goode E2: We Bid You Goodnight

*with Matt Kelly **with Lee Oskar, Greg Errico, Kesey, etc. ***with John CipollinaFM broadcast KSAN-San Francisco - TV broadcast KQED-San Francisco - Bill Graham flies in on a joint - Blues Brothers, then NRPS opened - "Breakfast served at dawn" - last "Sunshine Daydream": 07-13-76 [160] - "Other One" is first verse only - "Dark Star" is first verse only - last "Dark Star": 10-18-74 [187] - last "We Bid You Goodnight": 12-31-76 [140]

tonight is going to be FUN [big Grin][Cool][Eek!]

I'll fly in on a joint [Razz]

-

Archived