Jambands.ca

Mike Filipowitsch - New Record - Little Disasters

GUITARZAN

Hey All,

I just wanted to let people know that I just finished up my first solo effort called "little disasters"

I did it at a nice little studio up in Thunder Bay called Dining Room studio's, and we hammered out 8 songs in a week...fast, but I just wanted to capture a moment.

Track list:

Northern Skies

Last Time

Little Disasters

Memories Like Movies

Flesh, Blood and Life

Open, Fields and Skies

Siberia

I think it pretty much sums up the northern experience from a Southern Ontario guy...taking it on tour out west in about a week...and i think I have one show in Ottawa in August...

If anyone is interested in hearing it, or buying it...let me know...or help me figure out how to sell online..lol

Just wanted to share...I am excited that I was able to do this little project!

Cheers,

Mike Filipowitsch

Hey Mike,

I think the best way to sell digital music to your fan base right now is www.bandcamp.com

You can get people to pay what they can for your album which seems to have worked well for other acts I've worked with. Of course itunes is where you'll also want it, but you'll have better return with sales on bandcamp, and you won't have to wait a couple weeks to get it up on itunes (CD baby is one of the easiest ways to set that up)

looking forward to hearing it!

Hey All,

I just wanted to let people know that I just finished up my first solo effort called "little disasters"

I did it at a nice little studio up in Thunder Bay called Dining Room studio's, and we hammered out 8 songs in a week...fast, but I just wanted to capture a moment.

Track list:

Northern Skies

Last Time

Little Disasters

Memories Like Movies

Flesh, Blood and Life

Open, Fields and Skies

Siberia

I think it pretty much sums up the northern experience from a Southern Ontario guy...taking it on tour out west in about a week...and i think I have one show in Ottawa in August...

If anyone is interested in hearing it, or buying it...let me know...or help me figure out how to sell online..lol

Just wanted to share...I am excited that I was able to do this little project!

Cheers,

Mike Filipowitsch

great news mike. any more details? Who produced and played?

I produced it with the help of studio engineer and owner David Angell...we had a good time, and became fast friends for sure...it was my first time meeting him.

As for who played..I did all the guitar stuff and some bass, Dave played Bass on some songs...got some killer back-up vocals from a very talented guy Jamie Smith, who plays in a band called the Auditor General up here in the bay...he has quite the range and his voice matched well with mine.

Drums were a combination of Tyler Miller and a guy named Rob...who I had just met when he came in the studio...he was the studio go-to-guy and he did impress....

Awesome news. Congrats Mike. I already love a couple of those songs based on past opportunities to hear and sing them, and am VERY much looking forward to hearing the rest.

Reserve a copy of one of those good ol' fashioned compacts discs for me please!