Jambands.ca

Mumford & Sons, Toronto & HAmilton

edger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add in Montreal too:

Dear Canada, people who live nearby to Canada and those willing to travel Canada for purposes musical. The band are temporarily busting out of their bunker (aka studio) next month to play some shows in Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal. We very much that hope you can make it. These are the dates:

25th October - Air Centre - Toronto - tickets

26th October - Copps Coliseum - Hamilton - tickets

27th October - Bell Centre - Montreal - tickets

Tickets go on general sale at 12pm EST on Friday 16th September.

Seriously? Arenas?

hahaha ... ticket prices too? WTF? I'd like to catch these guys live, but not at those prices or venues :(

Toronto:

CA $49.75 (CA $34.50 Ticket + CA $15.25 Fees)

CA $64.75 (CA $49.50 Ticket + CA $15.25 Fees)

Hamilton:

CA $47.00 (CA $34.50 Ticket + CA $12.50 Fees)

CA $62.00 (CA $49.50 Ticket + CA $12.50 Fees)

Montreal:

???

Mumford & Sons in Toronto, Hamilton, Montreal in October

'Sup Canada (and folks living nearby to Canada)? Hope things are all good in your lovely lands. Just stopping by to see if you're free towards the end of October at all? Because the band have planned a few shows...

25th October - Air Centre - Toronto

26th October - Copps Coliseum - Hamilton

27th October - Bell Centre - Montreal

Ticket pre-sale details

A ticket pre-sale will begin at 10am EST on Wednesday 14th September. Here are the pre-sale details so make sure you keep hold of this email. Link: http://tixx1.artistarena.com/mumfordandsons/

Username: mumford

Password: tickets

Tickets will then go on general sale at 12pm EST on Friday 16th September. Hope to see you next month.

M&S HQ x

While I will entertain hitting the Hamilton show, I wonder if anyone else has had their interest in this band drop off dramatically?

I'm not sure if its lack of new music, overkill on the old stuff, or the fact that I drew a parallel to Great Big Sea that I can't seem to overcome

100% agree.

another presale for HAMILTON:

MUMFORD & SONS

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm

PRE-SALE: September 15 at 10am - 10pm

PASSWORD: timshell

ON SALE: friday, September 16 at 10am

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100047292134C15C?artistid=1388154&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

i hate presale times. always in the morning when one hasn't quite gotten through a coffee at work yet. always a chance that there's a meeting to get out of too.

While I will entertain hitting the Hamilton show, I wonder if anyone else has had their interest in this band drop off dramatically?

I'm not sure if its lack of new music, overkill on the old stuff, or the fact that I drew a parallel to Great Big Sea that I can't seem to overcome

who's the little cynic? :)

i hate presale times. always in the morning when one hasn't quite gotten through a coffee at work yet. always a chance that there's a meeting to get out of too.

Not to mention having to set the alarm to get out of bed.

I've only heard one Mumford & Sons song and it's constantly in my head.

I don't remember the title, but it starts, "Can you lie next to her..."

Not to mention having to set the alarm to get out of bed.

I've only heard one Mumford & Sons song and it's constantly in my head.

I don't remember the title' date=' but it starts, "Can you lie next to her..."[/quote']

Lyrics to White Blank Page :

Can you lie next to her and give her your heart, your heart?

As well as your body, and can you lie next to her and confess your love, your love?

As well as your folly and can you kneel before the king and say ‘I’m clean’, ‘I’m Clean’?

But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart?

Her white blank page & a swelling rage, rage

You did not think when you sent me to the brink, the brink

You desired my attention but denied my affections, affections

But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart.

But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart

AhhhAhh(s)

Lead my to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life

AhhhAhh(s)

(Thanks to Regan for these lyrics)

Can you lie next to her and give her your heart, your heart?

As well as your body, and can you lie next to her and confess your love, your love?

As well as your folly and can you kneel before the king and say ‘I’m clean’, ‘I’m Clean’?

Her white blank page & a swelling rage, rage

You did not think when you sent me to the brink, the brink

You desired my attention but denied my affections, affections

But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart.

But tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart

AhhhAhh(s)

AhhhAhh(s)

White Blank Page

These guys have a fair amount of other material that isn't on any discs yet and they have been playing new stuff recently, just gotta poke around haters...

My interest hasn't swayed, in fact with these show announcements, it caused me to dig deeper and find some nice surprises.

yup, if all three of them went to the show i think their minds would be changed. and yes they have alot more material. The show i saw in montreal last november they jammed with cadillac sky as well which was awesome. here is hoping they have another stellar opener

Cadillac Sky blew my mind last year at the Mumfords show. I haven't had an opener impress me like that since...well probably ever. Had no idea who they were at the time, and wasn't even thoroughly acquainted with Mumfords at that time either for that matter. Its a shame CS broke up, but I continue to be intrigued by the disbanded members.

The tidbits of new Mumford tunes that I have heard here and there have thus far completely reinforced to me that their previous album success was by no means a one off. They may not be able to hold the mass public/pop appeal, but that may bode well in many ways. Kudos to them for likely opening up a whole new world of music to a large bunch of folks that would likely never have given that realm a chance or had other opportunities for exposure (excuse my sweeping generalizations and ungrounded assumptions)

But yes, seeing these guys live was pretty awe inspiring. Just chilling. Can't wait to see them again. It will be interesting to see how they hold up in a stadium, but if their Glastonbury performance is any indication of how they feed off a large crowd than I think they'll do just fine. I just hope the acoustics do them justice. Their vocals give me this commanding monastery vibe.

My interest hasn't swayed, in fact with these show announcements, it caused me to dig deeper and find some nice surprises.

Care to share some of these 'nice surprises'?

I have a few recordings, although I lent my HDD to a friend so I can't check which ones I kept. I know I didn't keep the DVDs

Wakarusa 2011-06-04

Bonnaroo 2011-06-11

C-Halle, Berlin 2010-09-28

Cambridge Folk Fest 2009

Glastonbury Fest 2011 (6 DVD)

The Kinks @ The BBC DVD - One track with Ray Davies & M&S playing Days / This Time tomorrow - (Later 2010)