Jambands.ca

All Good Festival

boiler

Lineup looks awesome. Think we might do this this year instead of bluesfest. $160 for 4 nights including camping. Not a super long drive either.

Who's been? Is it awesome?

http://www.allgoodfestival.com/

The Allman Brothers Band

Phil Lesh & Friends

The Flaming Lips

Bob Weir & Bruce Hornsby featuring special guest Branford Marsalis

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Lotus

G. Love & Special Sauce

Galactic

Shpongle presents The Masquerade

Mickey Hart Band

Trampled by Turtles

SOJA

Railroad Earth

Papadosio

The Werks

The Wood Brothers

Lettuce

The Lumineers

Everyone Orchestra

The Rex Jam

AND MANY MANY MANY MORE! STAY TUNED!

I saw 3 Hookahvilles there back in 1998-2000 and it is awesome. The only drawback that I can see is that you have to pack all of your stuff in to the camping area. the parking is in a big field across a road from the camping area but once that unpleasantness is over it's the best venue i've been to for a festival (except for Nelson Ledges)

From Pollstar (I like how VIP packages are called "Even Better"):

This year’s festival features performances from The Allman Brothers Band, Phil Lesh & Friends and The Flaming Lips.

The 16th annual All Good Music Festival & Campout is set for July 19-22. The event is relocating from Masontown, W.Va., to the Legend Valley Concert Venue & Campground in Thornville, Ohio, located 30 minutes east of Columbus.

The historic site, formerly known as the Buckeye Lake Music Center, offers easy access to the festival with better roads and faster processing than the previous West Virginia location. Fans can once again count on side by side main stages with no overlapping sets.

The first round of acts announced also includes Bob Weir & Bruce Hornsby (featuring special guest Branford Marsalis), Michael Franti & Spearhead, Lotus, G. Love & Special Sauce, Galactic, Shpongle presents The Masquerade, Mickey Hart Band, Trampled By Turtles, SOJA and Railroad Earth.

More than 20 additional acts will be added over the next coming months.

Along with all that great music, the festival includes RV and traditional camping, family camping, artisan food vendors, craft vendors, regional microbrews, bonfire pits, kids entertainment, drum circles and play shops.

Early bird tickets go on sale this Friday, Feb. 24 at 12 p.m. EST. A limited amount of tickets will be available for $159, saving fans $70 off the gate price. Tickets include four nights of camping and parking.

Even Better VIP packages are also available with exclusive concert viewing and camping area close to the stages, private and air conditioned bathrooms and showers, free taxi shuttles, premium All Good merch and more.

For more information, click here for All Good Festival’s website.

I dont think Buck Eye is a good location for this Festival at All. One night one band fine(Dead) . Hookha was three to four bands . Stage shut around 11 . Skeptical that All Good set up at this sight will have enough room. Unless the sight has absorbed more space. Hope it works .

Bought a ticket and have my fingers crossed that it's all good with this festival at this location!

Here's some cool info/history about the venue posted on the venue's website:

Legend Valley is being reborn from footprints of the past, and with kind support from friends, family and all of you, the Valley will continue to jam and be the number one concert venue in central Ohio!

In the early 1970’s, Clifford and Helen Jinks, then owners of the farm, started doing small get togethers. Evening gatherings on the farm became a place for friends and family to come together to jam; and through Cliffs love of music, a true grassroots music venue was born.

In April of 1978, Helen and Cliff signed a lease with George Biddle and Gary Kutch, who planned to step up the talent and bring in big name acts. Biddle and Kutch named the venue Legend Valley. They started doing shows in 1978 with Charlie Daniels, Earl Scruggs and Pure Prairie League. Some of the early shows, which were called Dixie Jams, included Allman Brothers, Ricky Scaggs and many more.

On July 25, 1982, Legend Valley brought Alabama, Hank Williams Jr., Juice Newton and A Touch of Grass. Later that year in August, Legend Valley hosted Willie Nelson, Marshall Tucker Band, Leon Russell, Ricky Scaggs and the Wright Brothers. One thing that made Legend Valley stand out from other venues was that they allowed and encouraged coolers and picnic baskets to be brought in the valley. During the following 7 or 8 years of Legend Valley hosting shows, there was a true who’s who of music royalty, such as Journey, Foghat, Bryan Adams, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Fast Way, Kick Axe, Adrenelen and many, many others.

In the mid 80’s the venue changed hands and was named Buckeye Lake Music Center (BLMC). The days of bringing in your coolers and picnic baskets came to an abrupt halt! Saturday June 28th of 1986, with promotional assistance from Sunshine Promotions and QFM 96, BLMC invited their first show, ZZ Top, to the valley. Later in the year on Saturday September 6th, BLMC and local radio station 92X brought AC/DC’s WhoMadeWho tour, which included Quiet Riot and Loudness. On August 30th of the same year, BLMC, country radio station K95 and Sunshine Promotions welcomed Hank Williams Jr., Sawyer Brown and Earl Thomas Conley. The late 1980’s cultivated such acts as Bon Jovi, Cinderella, and Def Leppard just to name a few.

In 1988, the venue would host what was by far one of the best and largest stops on the Grateful Dead tour. Special thanks would have to go out to Helen Meredith, as well as Will and Rachel Powell, for allowing their farmland to be inundated by a sea of parked cars. From 1988 to 1996, most of the big acts were declaring BLMC one of their favorite scenes. The Dead, Buffett, Lollapalloza, WOMAD and many others, were hosted here in the valley. After the last Buffet show in 1996, BLMC said they were done! That is where I came into the picture…..

My friends and I were spending each Memorial and Labor Day weekend with a band called Ekoostik Hookah. After a few short years of Hookahville at other local venues, we were sitting around a campfire at the Songbird amphitheater when someone said, “Hey Steve, you should try to get Hookahville to come to the farmâ€. After a few meetings with Hookah’s manager, it seemed things were a go ahead. I went to the township to renew the Camping license for the farm in 1996. Unfortunately, I was told that the books from 1975, with my camping variance, were lost--and nowhere to be found. Without a camping license, and BLMC still in control of the parking lots, my hands were tied!

After a few quiet years without shows, BLMC was again ready and determined to try to bring Hookahville to the lake. Somehow, BLMC was able to get a camping license granted for the farm. In 1999, the first Hookahville was brought to BLMC. Hookah’s management and staff took over and did the best production--start to finish--that the venue had ever seen.

In 2003, I was able to get the camping license put in my name, Steve Trickle. All I had left to do was somehow get the lease to the parking lot that was being leased by BLMC.

I was snowboarding in Big Sky Montana and had just ridden the tram to the top of Loan Peake. I wanted to get a picture of myself and asked some guy to take the photo for me. He asked where I was from and when I told him he said that his Dad owned the parking lot...tell me thats not meant to be... I gave him my phone number and told him to let his Dad know if BLMC did not renew their lease at the end of February to give me a call. One day in February my phone rang, it was the guy's Dad that owned the lot!

Now I had the camping license and the parking lot. All that was left to do was name the venue. I renamed the place "Legend Valley" and with a lot of help from family and friends, I have been able to put this magical venue back on the map!

Legend Valley President

Steve Trickle

http://www.legendvalley.net/