Jambands.ca

Sen Fans Forum 2013

badams

Why do you always take the bait? I guess for the same reason Roller always takes the bait. The whole line about the Gryba hit should have given the whole troll away, for the record he thinks the Gryba hit was fine (as do I).

Oh I know he's trolling, he told me last night he was going to post this. I'm just having some fun back.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
It is remarkably quiet in here this series, whats wrong guys?

Trust me, plenty is getting said but this place is a deadzone and it's mostly just texting now. Nonetheless, Im getting extra beer for tonight to serve as pain medication because the Pens are outclassing and outgunning the Sens. We'll always have game 3, which will be remembered as the day the Hockey Gods smote Booche on his birthday as we all got drunk as fuck.

Ron Sexsmith was over last night and gave my team a little boost!

417810_10151975404325166_1313879628_n.jpg

Never too late for ....

How-long-do-you-have-to-take-Zoloft-before-it-works2.jpg

(still, that's pretty cool that he rolled into your place for the game)

The reason for the 'distinct kicking motion' rule is to prevent goaltender injuries.

I don't know if I agree that that is the only reason. I don't have any way to prove it, but I think that it might also have to do with how much easier it would make it to score. Afterall, a player isn't allowed to throw the puck in the net, even though that motion wouldn't endagner the goalie in any way. I think they want to keep it to pure sticks and incedental ricochets - which is why I think both goals in question were bogus, the player clearly redirected the puck using his foot, at least in my view.

I think both goals in question were bogus, the player clearly redirected the puck using his foot, at least in my view.

Re-directing the puck with your foot into the net is not against the rules.

Rule 49.2 states: "Goals - Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official.

A puck that deflects into the net off an attacking player’s skate who does not use a distinct kicking motion is a legitimate goal. A puck that is directed into the net by an attacking player’s skate shall be a legitimate goal as long as no distinct kicking motion is evident."