Jambands.ca

U2 release a surprise new album for free

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

U2 released a new album today, completely unannounced, and it is free on iTunes. If anyone downloads it to give a listen come back here and post your opinion and review.

Songs of Innocence:

01 The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 Every Breaking Wave
03 California (There Is No End To Love)
04 Song For Someone
05 Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 Volcano
07 Raised By Wolves
08 Cedarwood Road
09 Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
10 This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
11 The Troubles. 

http://pitchfork.com/news/53827-u2-release-new-album-songs-of-innocence-for-free-on-itunes/

yes. They made it seem like such a big deal.  It's free to everyone, whether you like it or not ;)

That's a surefire way to go platinum by forcing it into every iTunes account.   When I went in to the iTunes store, it was already listed as "Purchased".  

Prince did the something similar with the musicology album. Giving a copy to every ticket holder on his tour ensured the milestone.  Except those people actually wanted to see and hear him.

hope it's good…

So my factless off-the-cuff conjecture was pretty accurate.  I assumed that seeing "purchased" in iTunes meant everyone with an itunes account unintentionally now owned the album. Apparently that is the case.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/10/u2s-new-album-might-be-on-your-ios-devices-right-now-even-if-you-havent-downloaded-it/#more-340614

From Apple customer support:

Dear Alan,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Kiran.

I understand that you would like to remove the album "U2'' from your iTunes library. I know how important it is for you to have this issue addressed and. I will be assisting you with the necessary information.

Alan, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by promoting the album "U2" to your iTunes Store account from Apple.

Please follow the below provided steps to hide the album:

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.

2. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.

3. Go to the iTunes Store.

4. Click Purchased from the Quick Links section on the right side of the iTunes Store.

5. Choose a content type by clicking Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from the top of the window.

6. A list of your purchased items for the content type you are viewing will appear. Mouse over the item you want to hide until an X appears its top-left corner.

7. A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the X.

I recommend you to refer the below provided articles to get more information about hiding and unhiding the content.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

I hope the provided information is helpful. For any further questions related to iTunes Store, please feel free to reply. I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being an iTunes Store customer. Apple appreciates your business.

Have a great day, Alan!

Sincerely,

Kiran
iTunes Store Customer Support

Did Zuckerberg buy them or something? (rhetorical) Seems they have the same attitude towards their users and product quality control.

Apple's Map Of Canada Is Hilariously Wrong

The new iPhone 6 is available for pre-order on the Apple.ca site. But click on the link titled "More details about iPhone delivery dates," and you will get a map of Canada riddled with errors. Ottawa is where Toronto is. Toronto seems to be somewhere near Cornwall, Ont. Edmonton is northwest of Calgary, instead of northeast. And Vancouver Island appears to be a peninsula attached to the mainland.

The comments section made me laugh, especially the first comment.

a U2 rant

So either live in your niche or create something the rest of us want to pull from obscurity, that we want to luxuriate in and tell everybody about.

But viral is too hard for these people. Stunt videos no longer work. Buckling down and putting it all into the music is a challenge, especially when your lawyer is calling about your real estate or you want to buy an NFL team.

tumblr_liuf36gxdf1qc2vw9o1_500.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? The lot of you entitled cunts getting all persnickety about a free album by one of the greatest bands history has ever known. Don’t like it? Delete it and in Steve Kimock’s famous words “Shuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuup”. But are you doing that? Nooooooooo. You are getting on your high horse because you now have a new soap box to say you don’t like or hate U2. Bitching about one of rock's greatest philanthropists? I bet those less fortunate around the world aren't and have said "yes" when offered assistance that came from Bono. People still have opinions in this world? Good for you pion. Oh but you say that’s not what you are complaining about? What you are really complaining about is Apple force feeding you an album on your device? Well, I got a couple of things to say about that. First of all, most things on those fuÇking closed devices are force fed down your too-stupid-to-realize-you-are-a-sheep’s throat. Secondly that’s not really your device. Sure, you paid the same price as you would have to get a used car to buy it but guess what. Apple owns your fuÇking ass. Do you really think by now they don’t know your habits? I am willing to bet they completely knew what backlash was to come but they wanted some free press in the form of 100 million dollars. No one is watching tv. No one is listening to the radio. People don’t have time for advertising but guess which bitch got got again at the perfume counter? Have fun standing in line to buy that non-revolutionary iPhone6 you stupid fuÇking cows. “Caaaaaa-stanza”. Moo motherfuckers. And that’s what really grinds my gears.

Now download this and go fuÇk yourselves in the mind and maybe, just maybe, you will be able to see for the first time in your lives http://dropcanvas.com/39tae/1      

tumblr_liuf36gxdf1qc2vw9o1_500.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? The lot of you entitled cunts getting all persnickety about a free album by one of the greatest bands history has ever known. Don’t like it? Delete it and in Steve Kimock’s famous words “Shuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuup”. But are you doing that? Nooooooooo. You are getting on your high horse because you now have a new soap box to say you don’t like or hate U2. Bitching about one of rock's greatest philanthropists? I bet those less fortunate around the world aren't and have said "yes" when offered assistance that came from Bono. People still have opinions in this world? Good for you pion. Oh but you say that’s not what you are complaining about? What you are really complaining about is Apple force feeding you an album on your device? Well, I got a couple of things to say about that. First of all, most things on those fuÇking closed devices are force fed down your too-stupid-to-realize-you-are-a-sheep’s throat. Secondly that’s not really your device. Sure, you paid the same price as you would have to get a used car to buy it but guess what. Apple owns your fuÇking ass. Do you really think by now they don’t know your habits? I am willing to bet they completely knew what backlash was to come but they wanted some free press in the form of 100 million dollars. No one is watching tv. No one is listening to the radio. People don’t have time for advertising but guess which bitch got got again at the perfume counter? Have fun standing in line to buy that non-revolutionary iPhone6 you stupid fuÇking cows. “Caaaaaa-stanza”. Moo motherfuckers. And that’s what really grinds my gears.

Now download this and go fuÇk yourselves in the mind and maybe, just maybe, you will be able to see for the first time in your lives http://dropcanvas.com/39tae/1      

Stop drinking the kool-aid man. The whole "it's not really your device" is simply corporate propaganda bullshit. You own the device, not the service it connects to. Don't like the service? Don't use it. Product doesn't work without the service? Use a different product. Simple.

"its a free album, delete it if you don't like it" - While that may seem like an innocent and simple enough thing, it obviously wasn't. If it had been I believe the outcry would've been considerably less, not too mention Apple wouldn't have had to release a removal tool specifically for that album. Seems there is less whining about it now that the album can be removed. Conciendence?

Strange how ipod users can delete any other album they please, but that one required a removal tool. Questionable practice in my opinion.