Jambands.ca

See ya, Mr Bullard!

MarcO

Gotta admit, I never found him funny but I'm sure he'll be missed by a few dozen people....... [Wink]

Low-rated Mike Bullard Show cancelled effective immediately

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=96b8df11-c995-452d-b40e-89cb39323dca

Friday, March 12, 2004

TORONTO (CP) - Late-night talk show host Mike Bullard, who jumped from one Canadian television network to another last year only to see his ratings plummet, has had his show cancelled effective immediately.

"Unfortunately, and in spite of a major promotion effort by Global, the program has not demonstrated the degree of success that merits a continued run," Doug Hoover, senior programming vice-president at Global, said in a statement Friday. "We continue to hold Mike in the highest of esteem and wish him much well-deserved success in the future."

Rick Camilleri, chief operating officer at CanWest Global Communications Corp., says the broadcaster was still fully committed to the production of variety and entertainment programming that showcases Canadian talent.

Camilleri said Global was developing "a different type of program" that would be used to experiment in Bullard's old timeslot in the weeks ahead.

Oh yeah - Dave Allen! Him, The Two Ronnies, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill - all big favorites 'round my house when I was a kid!

Haven't seen an episode for years, though.....

(I still often get up on Sunday mornings to watch Coronation St though! [Eek!] )

u mean Orin lost that sweet house gig???

oh man!!! that sux! back to session work!

personally.. i found a few of the jokes that involved the band to be funny..

..like the time Mike said the video survailance cameras caught the band out back rolling a fatty...

..then they played the tape.. and it was the band rolling some fat guy down the alley.

i laffed!

...but i was high.

And so we mark a great day for Canadians everywhere...Bullard is finally DEAD!!!!

My disdain for Mike Bullard has been going on for years. I so badly wanted to be in his audience and trash him for once to show him how it feels...of course from what i hear if you even attempt to heckle Bullard he;ll have you thrown out.

Honestly the only time i ever laughed at his show was when, a few years back, there guest had cancelled last minute so they went next door to the restaurant and grab the only celeb they could find...that being Micheal Moriarty, most well known for being Ben Stone on Law & Order and for being an out of control drunkard. He was in fine form, they brought him out with a drink in one hand and a smoke in the other...the shit that came out of his mouth was priceless, ragged all over Bullard, swearing like a sailor..t.he basically had to wrestle him off the stage, Mike was pissed!! Classic Canadian Television!

i seem to remember that,, it may have been a diffrent time but they had some drunk gues with a drink and a smoke and he was yelling as swearing as stuff. i was pissing myself. the thing i hate the most about that show is that for a long time they had it running like 10 times a day, and i watch alot of tv and it got really anying that all night it would be on over and over agin, i mean the guy wasn't funny to start with but having to see it more then once a night i murder.

last year sometime me and my buddy Powell went to toronto to pick up his proline winnings at the proline office,, and we were bumming around toronto, hitting various bars after that,, when we found ourselves by the ctv building when it was filmed there,, so we went to this door ont eh side to get some free tix,, they thought we were the band,, were waving us to the backstage area when my buddy (the dumbass) said we werent the band we were just here for some free tix for tonights taping. i think it would have been way more fun to have gone backstage, masqueraiding(sp) as HoobaStank, but my buddy didnt have the cojones i guess. anyways,, the show was pretty bad,, they had a green monkey from the Telus advertisements as a guest,, and robert redfords daughter, she was hot, but the show stank, we were sittin in the 2nd row, all tyedyed out,, he kept cracking pot jokes and looking at us, but hey at least they showed us on the TV.

in short, the show reeked,i was super surprised to see global pick it up too.

Archived