Jambands.ca

What are 5 Bands or Artists......

MarcO

...you'd see if they came to your local "jam" hotspot? (meaning, not Phish at the ACC, but a band that'll play in a smaller place, say 200 - 1000 capacity)

I say - from my Hamilton perspective - bring these bands to town and I'd be pleased to see 'em:

(in no particular order)

1) G Love & Special Sauce

2) The Del McCoury Band

3) Alfred Howard & the K23 Orchestra

4) The John Scofield Band

5) Southern Culture On The Skids

Just a random thought/wish-list. I think any of these artists could conceivably play a well-attended show in my area and bring some fresh sounds to the locals. More jazz, more bluegrass, more, more, more....... [big Grin]

Just driftin' and dreamin'.......

In no particular order, and leaving out bands like GTB, JSB, and nero who play here in Ottawa on a semi-regular basis:

• Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
  • Keller Williams
  • Metalwood*
  • any of Nick Ali's bands (but esp. Gruvasylum)
  • KDTU

Aloha,

Brad

* I picked up their new album, "Chronic", over Christmas. Wow!

1- Cake, definitley the hilight of the Langerado Festival, (even though I'm a big moe. fan, this was my first cake show, and John McRae could possibly be my favorite front man ever)

2- Ween. nuff said.

3- Supergenerous. (Cyro Baptista, Kevin Breit)

4- Calexico, missed my chance to see them at Babylon.. (fuckle!) hopefully they come back.

5- Ginger Baker trio.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

quote:

3- Supergenerous. (Cyro Baptista, Kevin Breit)

Whoa! Now thats what i'm talking about...

I'm going to have to talk to kenny about them. do they tour? or it a one time project?

I don't think they've done any shows together since 2002, from the looks of their website.. They both seem like very busy guys. But contact info is found on the site, so definitely worth a try! I'd bust a nut to see Supergenerous play.

Supergenerous website

Archived