Jambands.ca

What are 5 Bands or Artists......

MarcO

Just a few possible answers to the wishlists -

For KevO, Harry Manx is supposed to be at the Jane Mallett Theatre in Toronto on Saturday, May 8th (no Kevin Breit though) (416-782-5697)

For SecondTube, Keller Williams is at the Palace Theater in Hamilton, NY on Friday, April 16th (don't know how far that is) (BO# 315-824-1420)

And Mr. Miner, Antibalas at the Horseshoe for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday, April 2nd and 3rd (kind of big nights for other stuff though) - also at the Underground in Hamilton, Ont on Sunday, April 4th

[smile]

And, the Blue Floyd of days past (the one that played at the Zone w/ Johnny Neel, Berry Oakley Jr., Duane Betts, Alex Orbison and Marc Ford) is now defunct. The last configuration I heard of touring as Blue Floyd/Beatlejam apparently sucked, as per a friend of mine who saw the show in Detroit and split midway through.

Sorry SecondTube, didn't realize Hamilton, NY was so far away [Roll Eyes]

And KevO, prior to reading about this Manx date, I had never heard of the Jane Mallett Theatre, so your guess is as good as mine. Depending on work, and the cost of the show, I'll probably try to make it too...maybe see ya there [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by MuleMomma:

And Mr. Miner, Antibalas at the Horseshoe for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday, April 2nd and 3rd (kind of big nights for other stuff though) - also at the Underground in Hamilton, Ont on Sunday, April 4th

Yeah, pretty unfortunate about the venue though. Boouuuurns! The Horseshoe is gonna be one packed/hot/stuffy place those nights.

Any predictions on which night will be the least busiest?

quote:

Originally posted by MuleMomma:

Just a few possible answers to the wishlists -

For KevO, Harry Manx is supposed to be at the Jane Mallett Theatre in Toronto on Saturday, May 8th (no Kevin Breit though) (416-782-5697)

Hey, thanks Karen! I might try to check that show out. How is the Jane Mallet for a venue? Nice? Manx rox.

Hamilton NY, is about 1.5 to 2 hours past Syracuse, its a small town with a private university that likes to partee. Colgate is the school, my buddy got a hockey scholarship there, the parties were un-freekin-believable, to bad fer you 2ndTube, didn't mean to get ya excited.

1. Keller Williams

2. The Big Wu

3. The Bomb Squad

4. Yonder Mountain String Band

5. Spookie Daly Pride

6. Aquariam Rescue Unit

7. Railroad Earth

8. Reid Genauer & AOD

9. Charlie Hunter

10. Jurassic 5

MULEMOMMA!!!! Thanks for the info on Keller. I had no idea he updated his tour schedule, wasn't expecting him around her so soon. Best news all day!!!!!

okay...well this hits ultra close to home since i run a concert venue.

okay.

supergenerous (it was in the cd player at the bar this week) is the best pick i've heard yet.

these bands are either plating or have played my local jam hotspot

nero

the bus

resinators

these are bands i'd love to have play my local jam hotspot.

recipe

blue quarter

springer and ducommun group

charlie hunter

the slip

these guys are playing the office in the next 2 weeks - cross them off the list...

antibalas

microbunny

what to do what to do!

Gotta keep this to artists I haven’t seen:

The Del McCoury Band

Leo Kottke

Keller Williams

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

The Gourds

The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

My Morning Jacket

Aquariam Rescue Unit

Benevento/Russo

(Oh yeah, Cut'n'Paste baby. Thanks ya'll)

Oh, I'll add Thom Yorke solo as well.

Archived