Jambands.ca

If you could ask the New Deal....

MarcO

I would like to know more about their early days, when and why they formalized a commitment to tND as a project.

I'd also like to hear about their current structure as an organization, being independent again, forming their own label (Sound+Light Records) and what kind of artists they are looking to sign to it.

maybe something along the lines of "Grand Theft Bus will be the opening band for a handful of your upcoming dates.. What are your thoughts on the sound coming out of Canada's 'jam' scene today?" Or something like "The response to other Canadian 'jam' bands such as Nero, Jimmy Swift Band, Grand Theft Bus and Diesel Dog has been enthusiastic as audiences continue to steadily grow. Have you heard these bands?" ... Here's another: "As the taste in Canada for high quality, improvisation-based music continues to grow in popularity and more & more talent continues to emerge from our scene, Canadian summer music festivals such as Nova Scotia's Evolve and Ontario's Come Together Music Festival have gained significant prominence. Have you made any effort to be a part of these festivals?"

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

I'd ask for my $17 back too. Maybe we should get a list of who wants their $17 back and present it to them.

They should consider a free Hamilton show to redeem themselves.

Ouch.... I dunno - I mean, you win some, you lose some. Not every show can be great - considering the large number of really kick-ass tND shows I've seen, I think that they should be cut some slack for playing *one* disappointing show...

Brian.

Those are all awesome questions, just on the tip of my tongue but out of my grasp. Shit I sound like Tonin. Anyways I'm going to burn him with as many of those as I can. Not sure if you want the answer about Canadian jambands. I've heard some unfavourable things in confidence about some of the primo American bands. You've got to respect that though if you were just basically doing what comes natural it would be unfortunate to be lumped into a genre that doesn't really suit you quite.

anything what would it be. I've got to do an interview with Darren Shearer and honing in on questions. Talked with Dan Kurtz on New Years about playing with Gutwillig from the Biscuits and with Gordie about the first time he played with them so that's covered already. Favourite artists they've played on bills with. If they're going to use a vocalist as they've mentioned lately. New directions, recordings...

This just reminds me of that hilarious Clerks cartoon episode where Dante is on trial for negligently leaving a can of soda on the floor for Jay to slip on.

Randal acts as his attorney and calls George Lucas to the stand. Under oath, he rails him on Phantom Menace issues and inconsitencies in the Star Wars Saga.

He then asks him for his 8 bucks back.

Hey Chewie, do you think they get all access passes for the Roo?

I'm betting that your name has to be Warren to be that lucky. They probably don't give all the bands and crews all access weekend passess down there, there'd be too many...

Just guessing, I could be wrong...

I can't help but wonder if this this thread would develop as it had if the members of tND were known to hang out on this board.

I wish we could have such critical "analysis" of other Canadian "jamband" artists.

The only way anybody's entitled to their $17 back is if the band doesn't show up. They played for 1hr 51m that night. The show didn't do much for me either but like hamilton pointed out, you win some and lose some.

get your $17 back, my ass...... [Mad]

maybe your right marco, i think i was being too harsh but i was just very dissapointed cause i have a show on disc and have heard lots of good things about them but didnt see any of it that night. I think there worth more like 10 bucks for a venue like that, and if the venue was bigger i could understand 17 bucks.

Didnt mean to be so harsh, maybe next time will be a better time around,cause the show before that one was apparently kickin in comparision to the latest one. [Confused]

Well, be as harsh as you want to be bro, it doesn't bother me. Like I said, that was the poorest tND show I've ever seen but I knew the ticket price going in, and you pay your money and take your chances in life. What am I gonna do? The only real protest you can make as a consumer is to avoid the product and that's a personal choice.

I agree that $17 was a bit much for a week-day show in a small club. I also agree the show was a bit of a stinker.

But that's one stinky show by them in over 20 that I've seen. I like those odds, and like I said, it's a personal thing.... what may be worth $15 to me may only be worth $5 to you.

I agree, bands have bad nights and im shure tND were feeling not so hot after that show. I left after about a 1/2 hour knowing that it was going to be a bad night. Wesnday night $17 is a little to much. On a weekend i think $15 is a good price (out side of T.O.) the extra $2 seams like abit of a push.

The last ND show i whent to before this one was there last Casbah show and they blow me away i belive it was also a weekday night, and the bar was rammed i showed up at 9:30 to see 100 standing out side. What a party that night was, there was no were you could get me away from that show. I think the cover was $10 that night.

Archived