Jambands.ca

thank you nero and thank you tasha and peter

meggo

what a fun night!

the band was amazing, the party after was great, and we made it home in one peice. it was wicked to party with old buddies and meet new ones! and now here i am, trying to be patient while i wait for sleep to come... i think i am going to have to resort to neo citran soon though... anyway, thanks again to all, i had high expectations for last night and it was very satisfying.

enjoy the rest of the long weekend everybody.

Here's a short review, I am exhausted.

Paisley and I left Hamilton around 9:15 and after a solid ride down we made it to Pete & Tasha's at 10. Great party goin' on before the show with the band and tons of great folks! Had some killer food, guacamole and antijitos, good beers and headed out to the show around 11PM. Slammin' Jack was already playing. Man they were fantastic! Just drew me to the dance floor immediately! Reminded me a funkier version of CONTACT. Really, really good. After a short set break, nero ripped through two sets, which included three new songs, a KILLER Darius, Breakline, El Vezz, 401 Theme, Pumpkin Song and a few others. Punk was TEARING it up ALL night, just going nuts on stage, and the result was super intense, climactic music. The bar was packed from front to bar, maybe 200 ppl. all having a great time as well. Made it back to Pete and Tasha's at 3AM and the place got nuts. There must have been 50-60 ppl. there for the afterparty. Lots more partying. Left at like 4:30AM, drove home and passed out.

that's the best I can do right now.

yyyyyyeeeeeefffffuuuuccccckkkkkiiiiiinnnnnn hhhhaaaaa!!!!

Yes, thank you so much to Peter and Tasha!! the after hour party was spectacular-- 730am...hehe. any thanks to all of the people I met last night!!! Fuck, what a great night!!! Nero and Slammin Jacks fuckin rocked!!! Still glowin!!! :: ::

and LMP and Princess, thanks for taking care of me...hehe ;)

Every time I go to Guelph I think more and mroe about how I'm living in the wrong city in Southwestern Ontario.

awesome times, great people, and loads guacamole. Everything was fantastic all night. It's rare to have such succinctly perfect nights like that...and i missed slammin jack and i'm still fin with the night - and the night before they kicked it LARGE at Elements...and I'm still content? if only i'd have made it earlier - oh well. I spent time with my friend Dave's folks before leaving...i tried to have an other passenger but one wound up being ideal.

I think it was exactly what I needed.

thanks guys!

Just woke up and Hey, Wha Happened indeed!

Nero, awesome. Its been way too long fellas, felt like the old days with that crowd last night. I almost made it out the door last night with the only known copy of Zedonk!!!!! Foolish me for checking my pockets before i left ;)

Slammin Jack, wholly shit boys that was one great set, can't wait for yous guys to come back around....perhaps Labour Day Izzy's???

man oh man what a night and what a group of people i manage to run into every time i see a show around these parts. Luke, you are a true Samauri bro, but watch that fan, it could be deadly ;)

Pete and Tash, wicked party kids, we'll have to do that again sometime, the guac was to DIE FOR!!!! and the hospitalilty was second to none. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Cowabunga!

holy fuckin taleda...

i mean, shit, wasnt that a party?? 4:36pm and i still havent wound down enough to get a decent nap, even.

cant say enough thanks to the nero boys for kickin our asses, and to pete and tasha for being the most kickass hosts...

it was really great to get down with a lot of people i hadnt seen in a long time. hope a lot of you can make it out to london sometime soon... diesel dog/contact this saturday, nero next thursday...

fantastic to meet some new people, and put faces to names... too many to list, ya'll know who ya are... t'was a pleasure.

thanks to everyone for makin it a great time.

cheers.

scott

ps: tungsten... can gets the thumbs up, buddy. thanks.

and I was like I'm scary dude you're freaking me out and then he's like easy pardner and I'm like all pumped- I'm the samurai golden god!!!- and then I lost my train of thought but you know kept talking because of the you know compulsion to speak and then I shwilled another beer...

and this band was playing and this other band and I was like 'there's no birthday party for me here' all spicoli like and then I shwilled another beer. Smoke snort drink repeat as reuired. The ravelling and unravelling of bills and minds. Family's where you find it.

Wow, what a night! I'm just now conscious enough to contemplate any action (shouldn't have gone to bed afterall I guess)...too bad Friday night's show isn't starting now.

So, thanks again to everyone that made last night so cool, and especially Pete and Tasha...never have I felt so welcome in anyone's home (well except maybe Velvet's)...you guys rock! At last I was able to partake of one of the legendary P&T Guelph afterparties, and it definitely lived up to its reputation ;)

Lastly, it's been a great week of Slammin' Jack, and I hope it won't be too long before we see both SJ and nero back in the neighbourhood. It was fabulous to see (and hear) everyone ::

Thanks for the details ... nice to read that it was such a stellar night ... well, most of me is glad to read it, and part of me is sad I missed it. But what stands out the most when I read threads like this one is just how fortunate we all are to be a part of this awesome community of music-loving friends.

Peace, Mark

Also half noteworthy that the boys at least very temporarily named a new tune Luke's Wish and another swampy dark number was called Medication. I missed all of this cause I was on a tear buying the world an ice water (don't ask) but I guess Chris said something about how they were going to name it jamadoodle or jamalamadingdong or jamitupyourhoop and then they settled on Luke's Wish. Which sounds to me like a Starlight Foundation for weeded out kids with terminal illnesses that just one to meet one full fledged Canadian freak before they die but I digress.

thanks to everyone who came and had fun- the house certainly saw capacity that night! not a place to sit at one point and huge pile of shoes at the door- but no one lost thiers!

nice to have everyone who had never made it before come on down!

hope to see a few of you at the Rivoli show!

:D

by the way - insta-gator- so great to see you again!- hope to see more of ya in the next year!

anyone- I met for the first time- thanks for coming nice to meet ya and I hope if I recognize you and don't remember your name then you'll forgive me and give me another chance!

just got home indirectly from all that

its all been said, fantastic times seeing fantastic music with fantastic folks... thanks Pete and Tasha, ragin times at the wonderful abode... thanks Del and gator for the Good Friday babbles... Jared for the ride to Hamilton when we were in need... nero for rockin so hard Thurs night (I heard the blues Dave)... Slammin Jack, sounding really great guys, thought maybe I was done Friday night but the tunes brought me back around... and all the awesomes (so many) encountered over the past 60 hours

right on

:) :: :P;)