Jambands.ca

heady job vibes needed

Blane

so I'm off to the UK tomorrow for a job interview. not 100% sure it's what I'm looking for at the moment but I definitely want to leave an impression with them since it's one of the places I'd REALLY like to work... eventually.

Interview's not 'till friday but with the overnight flight to London, then a few hours to get to Brighton, I'll be in transit for quite a few hours. Come the 10th, I think it'll all be behind me, so I hope I can just bear down and be intense for a few days!

well, thanks for all the good vibes folks! The interview went really well and I think they were happy with me. I think there are only 2 of us left on the shortlist, so the odds are pretty good.

That said, I don't actually think I'm going to take it if it's offered. Starting too soon and without enough flexibility for my current position in life. Too bad, 'cause otherwise it seemed pretty great. Anyway, it was a great experience and I learned a TON so it was totally worth it!

Basically it's a research position that involves coordinating knowledge sharing in a network of African NGOs around adaptation to climate change. I'd be based at the Institute for Development Studies at the University of Sussex in the UK.

They've just offered me the job, so now I have some serious thinking to do about what I'm willing to do in terms of finishing my studies if I want to take the position. Friggin' life choices!