Jambands.ca

Swell Season @ Massey Hall :)

Kanada Kev

This was one of the BEST concerts when it recently came through Massey Hall. Can't wait to see them again:

ATG Concerts presents

SWELL SEASON

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 8pm

Massey Hall | $42.50 - $29.50

Formed by the Frames' frontman Glen Hansard and Czech songstress Markéta Irglová, the Swell Season is a songwriting duo with a penchant for vocal harmonies and acoustic-based songcraft. Hansard and Irglová appeared as working-class immigrants in the popular Irish movie Once, which earned them an Academy Award for Best Original Song for the film's hit single, "Falling Slowly.â€

Note: All tickets sold in rows A-L of Centre Floor must be picked up at the Box Office on night of show beginning at 7:00pm. Credit card holder must claim tickets and will be required to present confirmation number, photo ID and credit card. All members of your party must be present to claim tickets and gain entry to the building. Card holder and members of the party will be directed into the building immediately and re-entry will not be permitted.

FRIENDS ON SALE: Tue September 8 at 10am

PUBLIC ON SALE: Fri September 11 at 11am

A limit of 4 tickets per FriendsFirst account applies.

it was a great show. One of the most beautiful shows EVAR! I can't really make it to toronto again this year for it though. I feel that seeing them play was great, but I don't want to go out of town to see them again this soon.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Jaimoe

not sure if you noticed my post in the MOF thread but for the last three shows I have seen at Massey Hall (Wilco, Metric & MOF) I paid $20 a ticket each time. For Metric I was on the floor about 10 rows back. If you go I bet you'll score a $20 ticket no problem.

How'd you keep the hype up for 2 years?

It's not too hard: the Once movie was one thing, then came the post-film tour. Then they came through Toronto early last year and played Massey Hall. Now they are back touring in support of a new album, which is great. Anyway, it's not my topic thread, but I don't mind pimping one of my favourite singer-songwriters. I wish The Frames would go on a club tour.