Jambands.ca

Site Updates

bouche

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt there is much that can be done,it was looked into yesterday and Bouche couldn't find it either.

The only solution I was told was re-doing the whole format again....and for one memeber I wouldnt expect that to happen.

Don't get me wrong though,I'm very apprecitive of the time & effort that goes into running a board like this.I know nothing that occured was anyones fault,technical glich and I got caught up....

I'm venting I guess....no offence intended.

I was all ready to go somewhat mental, until I went into My Home, the Main Configuration of that, chose Edit 'Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors... ' then changed 'Total parent posts to show per page: 40' (rather than 10)

Frig, that was alot of work............ugh.

One thing I really dig about the new format is that it does a really good job of telling you what you've read, and what's new!

However something else I've noticed is that I keep forgetting to approve my messages. I type it and hit submit, but then you get a preview message screen, I keep forgetting to submit again. Is there a user setting to turn off preview, or is that a global thing?

Good job on everything. I certainly wouldn't know where to start when building a web site!

One problem I'm having though is that I can't have an entire page of responses load without it timing out. I keep refreshing and often just get fed up and shut down the internet and go listen to records instead. This is the message I get at the top of the page:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\jambands\sanctuary\templates\default\showflat.tmpl on line 194

I might not be able to read the music survivor threads anymore! :o

Just a heads up but before I posted on this page it said there were 3 pages to the thread, but when i click on the 3rd page there is nothing there and the last post is actually on the 2nd page. This has happened to me on a couple of other threads also, not sure if its just me but its a heads up anyway.

peace.jamesd.

Hey BB, I had the script time-out extended to 2 min.

If you are timing out at 2, just decrease the amount of threads/posts you setup per page. I think that's why it's set low by default, so that the 'get posts' script doesn't timeout.

I noticed the page count being wonky too, but it doens't seem to be widespread.

Thanks nighty! ALOT of the new features are hidden to members, and actually help me manage the site better. I am very short on time, and there are so many requests for custom avatars and I have to do user maintenance, threads and post maintenance very regularly. The upgrade has more tools for the administration and general maintenance of the site.

As well, customizing it is much easier for me, and everyone.

This also helps me get some talented people collaborating and helping with some of the design elements as well.

Yay, I didn't get shutout! Thanks Bouche. Out of curiousity, is it just me or do threads no longer move to the top of the Cavern page when someone has added a comment. If they don't move to the top, how are you to know that they're still active? (Or is it because I have the "let other users know you're online" feature turned off...no offence folks, but if in a fit of insanity I become obsessed with a particular thread, I don't necessarily want everyone to know that I've temporarily gone off the deep end...or do I?) ;)