Jambands.ca

All-Star Musician Survivor 2

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Secondtube: oh, and i vote, well, i guess the guy who couldn't play guitar for even a decade....

Booche: Faaaaaaaaaaaack, as if Jimi wouldnt boner ya, Jerry ya say?

Ok, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but can you guys please clarify your votes? I wouldn't care as much if your votes were slightly ambiguous on a day where it's fairly obvious who's going to win, but today is DEFINITELY not one of those days.

people dissin the Dead is a good thing, keeps the scene pure®...

Fair enough, but I'm really talking about people who say things like "The Dead is only a band for drug-smoking do-nothing hippie-slackers." And while that may be true in some specific cases *coughcoughHuxtable* it's a totally unfair generalization.

- M.

Guest Low Roller
people dissin the Dead is a good thing, keeps the scene pure®...

Fair enough, but I'm really talking about people who say things like "The Dead is only a band for drug-smoking do-nothing hippie-slackers." And while that may be true in some specific cases *coughcoughHuxtable* it's a totally unfair generalization.

- M.

Unfortunately that generalization is pretty much widespread among all my friends outside the scene who won't even give the Dead the time of day (That applies to Phish as well). This may be a topic for another thread, but how do you get people to listen to the Dead (or Phish) without that "pot smoking hippies" bias right out the gate?

This may be a topic for another thread, but how do you get people to listen to the Dead (or Phish) without that "pot smoking hippies" bias right out the gate?

I've came across that issue myself,I have introduced GD to folks,some take it for what it is,music, and they like it or they don't and others follow the media produced generalizations that are given to it.But I do see your point about folks outside the scene.But I guess that can go for any music,Marylin Manson fans (for example) are not devil whorshippers although the media and some religous groups like to claim they are.

I think it just falls on the individuals mind set to see past the "labels" given to music and to their fans,all music has its good and bad fans,unfortubatley the bad is what is always remembered.

That would be a great topic for Q of the day.

Guest Low Roller

I bet that some of you are dying to know who won... So am I... Beer in hand I started tabulating the votes on my spreadsheet... and for the second time this week we have a tie.

Before I start going back a day to figure out the tiebreaker, I'd like to take a second to reflect on our last survivor... Bob Dylan defeated Neil Young by one single vote: 23-22. That was an amazing climactic ending to a first Survivor experiment... the second week in, and we have raised the bar by having a nail biter of a finish. We're are going up to the video replay judges to make a call for this week's finish.... I'll be back in a second....