Jambands.ca

Lollapalooza looking awesome!!

gentlemonkey

Lollapalooza 2004 Lineup

Day 1

Morrissey, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey *, Le Tigre, Modest Mouse, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Broken Social Scene, The Walkmen, Danger Mouse, Datsuns, Sparta, DJ Peretz, Plus Mass Gaming, Just beCauses

Day 2

String Cheese Incident, Flaming Lips, Gomez, Polyphonic Spree, The Coup, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Elbow, Wheat, DJ Peretz, Mass Gaming, Just beCauses

rumoured dates:

7/14 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre

7/15 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre

7/17 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre

7/18 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre

7/26 - Englewood, CO @ Coors Amphitheatre

7/27 - Englewood, CO @ Coors Amphitheatre

7/29 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center

7/30 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center

8/2 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre

8/3 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre

8/5 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

8/6 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

8/9 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center

8/10 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center

8/12 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post

8/13 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post

8/14 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center

8/15 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center

8/18 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center At the Waterfront

8/19 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center At the Waterfront

8/21 - Atlanta, GA @ Turner Field

8/22 - Atlanta, GA @ Turner Field

8/24 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center

8/25 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center

Thats a step back in the right direction!!

LOLLA.COM

I like some of these bands. I'd probably have to skip Day 1 because of my eternal hatred of everything Morrissey. However, I must say Day 1 has some good bands: Sonic Youth, Broken Social Scene, The Walkmen and The Datsuns. I saw BRMC last year and while I enjoyed their concert, I am not a fan of their music.

Day 2 looks interesting. The Lips, Gomez, the truly fucked up Polyphonic Spree and Kung's favourite the SCI.

I'll be at Day 2 without at doubt! I fell in love with the Flaming Lips when I first saw them perform with Beck in '02, and have seen them twice since. I've been a fan of Gomez since their debut record 'Bring It On' in '98. Plus SCI to boot!

Looking forward to seeing the Polyphonic Spree and Sound Tribe Sector 9 for the first time too.

im with ya deuce.... but man, i've been waiting a long time for Modest Mouse to get up here again... the last time at the Opera House was a dandy.... oh well, whats another 4 years? realistically, for me, there's probably 3 or 4 bands that i'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO SEE... but for most normal people, im sure the line-up is amazing.

Wow!! I think I'll definitely check out Day Two, although I really wish Broken Social Scene and Modest Mouse could switch days. Anyone got anything to say about The Coup, Elbow, Wheat, DJ Peretz, Mass Gaming or Just beCauses?

Exciting to see STS9 on board!!!!! I fear their set will be way too short. That would be cool if someone could book them a Toronto club show on Saturay 8/7, as they aren't playing again until the 9th, in Ohio.

Wilco's official website www.wilcoweb.com has Wilco performing on the second day of Lollapalooza at the Molson Amphitheatre on August 6, 2004. I'm so happy that all the bands I want to see at this "two" day festival are all on the second day. In order of personal importance, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Gomez, The String Cheese Incident, The Polyphonic Spree and Sound Tribe Sector 9.

Tim - figured this may make your day bud:

Article from Billboard:

Wilco will provide added star power to Lollapalooza when it joins the tour for three shows this summer. The group has been added to the bill for dates outside Detroit (Aug. 3), Toronto (Aug. 6) and Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Aug. 12). Over the weekend, the Pixies confirmed they would play Lollapalooza dates in Ventura, Calif., and New York, while PJ Harvey is set to play select shows as well.

Lollapalooza kicks off July 14 outside Seattle and will boast two days of music in each city. The first day will feature such acts as Morrissey, Sonic Youth, Le Tigre, Modest Mouse and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club on the main stage. The second will feature String Cheese Incident, Gomez, Flaming Lips, the Thrills, the Polyphonic Spree, the Coup, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Elbow, Wheat and the Fire Theft.

I know this is nuts!!! Wilco, The Lips, Spree and fuck even the Cheese couldn't be much worse than a kick in the nuts. The first day appeals to me as well although I am going to be planted in the beer garden during Le Tigre and just hope I don't get kicked out for lesbian music bashing. Fuck they are so brutal, is there like a rule that says you have to suck if you're a lesbian musician- I mean Ani doesn't but I guess she went straight so go figure.

I'm so glad I didn't get Dead tickets for Darien Lake. I would have had to unload them to see Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Gomez, The String Cheese Incident and Sound Tribe Sector 9 and more at Lollapalooza's second night at the Molson Amphitheatre.