Jambands.ca

Great Animated Films?

Jaimoe

I finally watched this powerful and extremely sad yet beautiful Japanese anti-war anime film last night: Grave Of The Fireflies . I cried like a freaking baby but I feel honoured in having the chance to see this semi-autobiographical testament. It's one of the best animated films I've ever seen.

Anyway, what are some of your favourite animated films?

Here's some of mine, starting with my Top 3:

The Iron Giant

Grave Of The Fireflies

Princess Mononoke

Bambi

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs

How The Grinch Stole Christmas ( not a feature, but great )

Spirited Away

Watership Down

Beauty & The Beast

Finding Nemo

Shrek

The Triplets Of Belleville

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi

Dumbo

Aladdin

I haven't seen Akira, Shrek 2, Antz, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbour Totoro and Barefoot Gen yet, to name a few.

Fantasia

My Dad took my brother and I to see it in a theatre years ago (when we were both in grade? high? school) on one of its re-releases, and I was flat blown away. As well as the animation, the music is breathtaking.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

I agree with Fantasia however Fantasia 2000 sucks mouse balls.

I think I can make a pretty strong case that A Nightmare Before Christmas is an animated movie, and therefore meets the criteria. The overly-violent Ninja Scroll is also a favorite.

Yeah, Princess Mononoke was GREAT! Spirited Away was really good too, but didn't like it as much as Mononoke. I had never really seen any anime before, and Mononoke blew my mind!

I haven't seen this one in a long time so I might suck now, but when I was young I really liked "The Last Unicorn".

They didn't get much, if any, theatrical release, but the Warner Brothers "Batman" animated movies:

are all really good. (There are other titles, but those are the ones I've seen.) I recall Roger Ebert saying how, when Mask of the Phantasm came out, he didn't view it or review it, which he felt was a mistake: when he saw it on video, he realized how good it is; it's only 77 minutes long, but every bit of it is taken up with impressive imagery and good plot.

Aloha,

Brad

They're animated shorts, but I love Richard Condie's The Big Snit (a couple argues while playing Scrabble, oblivious to the fact that a war is starting. She has CARROST on her tile board while he has EEEEEEE. "Stop shaking your eyes!" "I don't shake them...not like I used to.") and especially Getting Started (a guy procrastinates when he's supposed to be practicing the piano. I'm laughing uncontrollably right now thinking about his channel-surfing). I think I could watch them 100 times each and still laugh.

They're animated shorts, but I love Richard Condie's The Big Snit (a couple argues while playing Scrabble, oblivious to the fact that a war is starting. She has CARROST on her tile board while he has EEEEEEE. "Stop shaking your eyes!" "I don't shake them...not like I used to.") and especially Getting Started (a guy procrastinates when he's supposed to be practicing the piano. I'm laughing uncontrollably right now thinking about his channel-surfing). I think I could watch them 100 times each and still laugh.

Buhahahahaha,I love it!

"Your always shaking them here and shaking them there,why don't you go join a shake em rock em roll band!"

"STOP sawing the table!"

"I'M NOT sawing the table!!"

bigsnitsaw.jpg

Buhahahahaha,I love it!

"Your always shaking them here and shaking them there,why don't you go join a shake em rock em roll band!"

"STOP sawing the table!"

"I'M NOT sawing the table!!"

bigsnitsaw.jpg

Let's not forget ...

"It's time for ..." "SAWING FOR TEENS!"

and ...

"Well pull my lips off ... looks like a ... bunch of people or something. Must be one of them .... honey, is there a parade on?"

RnB

"And I thought *you* wanted to play some *Scrabble*!!!!"

cyberhippie, the last unicorn was one of my FAVOURITE movies when i was a kid. i watched it again a couple years back, and (as our beloved qu'est-ce que likes to say)..."it's still good". great movie, i definitely want to own it one day.

hey misspink, this one's for you: MY SPOOOON IS TOO BIG! MY SPOON IS TOO BIG!

(drumroll please....)