Jambands.ca

They broke my nose and stole my shit, but I wouldl

TonyRage

So I got home finally last night from SPAC. What a fucking weekend. I was having the time of my life when late aftert the show Sunday I was heading to my car. Six kids started hassling me and my buddy. They were young, white and wigged out on dust or something. Not Phishheads for sure, they were little rich wiggers from Albany. They started taking our belongings and I tried very hard to let them. They got my bag and my smokes and money and my friend got away. As they were running off, one of them smashed me in the face from behind and broke my nose. Fear not, I do not look so bad. It turned out they had just beaten another kid up really bad. He was from Brooklyn and did not remember much. They offered him a ride to the campgrounds and he took it. After robbing me they tried to sell my smokes to some other kids and then got agro with them. One of these punks started beating a girl's car with her own skateboard. When she protested he turned and threw it n her head. She had a crakced skull and was in the hospital when I left. Some other kids got the licsence plate and two of the kids were picked up and the police got names and address of the others. We spent four hours in the hospital which was brutal, slow and had too much procedure and the we spent 12 hours or more with the police at the station. Statements, identifcying the suspects and waiting for ever. The police were chill though (NY state Park police rock). Very happy the kids were caught and are being charged with assault, robbery and possibly attempted manslaughter for the skateboard. The case is pretty solid since the cigarettes they were selling and had on them were Canadian Camel lights with the big French warning (the cops were very proud of themselves over that connection) and we id'd botht he kids they have (well, I got one). My friend drove me home yesterday. Neither of us had slept but needed to get back to Canada.

After I was hit, there were some really amazing people who helped me find my friend Sam and did not freak out at the sight of a bloody hippy. The cops were awesome and the EMT's were great. It was kind of strange to be tripping out while this went down and the hospital was surreal, but no one was too obvious about me being so high. They could have been a lot meaner.

Moral: Go see phish, but leave the lot before everyone else.

The shows really rocked though.

Thats harsh.Probally was "LSA"

I read a few stories on other sites where these dumbasses whacked on "LSA" caused tons of shit there,pathetic really,just shows some people have the minds of dried peas.

Good to hear your ok.

Never mentioned "heads" actually,"deadheads know better then to drop that stuff (ones I've met anyway), just read the stories of the dumbasses who took "LSA" (poor mans LSD),since its impossible to actually get all the chemicals off the seeds the mix of the two makes people completely stupid,mental.Thye were arrested with pockets full of morning glory seeds.Not a smart thing to ingest,given the poor quality of it.

Might not have been the same assholes,obviously there was alot of dumbasses there then.

Just glad to hear the cops were cool & you guys are alright.

Sorry to hear about this my friend, I am glad that you are okay!! I can't believe how sketchy things are getting in the U.S.A!!! I wan't to see so many shows this summer, but I am just not sure if I want to travel over the border.

Oh man Tony!!! That really sucks, good to know they were charged and you're okay though.

I remember Phish in Camden, NJ in '99 a pack of tour rats smashing up some rich kids BMW with a baseball bat after the show. It was just crazy... to quote a sticker I got at a Phil show later that year

"Friends don't let friends go on Phish tour"

hopefully this negative bullshit won't follow them on the rest of their final tour.

Aaron, funny you should mention Camden 99. The two kids at the station whose girl got the skateboard in the face were talking baout that too. That was the first time they had seen the wrecking crew. Apparently the kids were jumping over cars and smashing all the windows.

I also just ghot a call from the Lt in Saratoga. tehy picked up the other four kids and I get to go id from photos them in Buffalo this weekend. Gonna nail those fuckers.

Those shows kicked my ass! The second peak in Twist was the shiznit!

Oh YEAH!

My car's list on the way down included, Scents, Walls, Piper, Twist (good twist a la 97) and Jibboo. we got them all and the Piper of Pipers. That song must be retired now. They will never top that.

sorry to hear that went down TonyRage, sometimes you bump into the stupid ones... best of healing to ya and happy to hear you had good shows up until that craziness

good to hear the punks are caught and you're going to ID them so they can get in the shit they deserve

I need to reiiterate the point that these kids were NOT on tour. They had nothing at all to do with Phish. They were little wiggers from Albnay who would be killed in any real ghetto so came to the show to pretend they led a thug life and prey on spun phishheads.

Dave -- I'd love to come out tonight but it is my buddy's b-day and I will be at the bar above the Rivoli. Thanks for the offer, maybe next week.

that's horrible tonyrage!!! hopefully lady justice will ram a good one up their little punkassbitchface turdholes. geez.

phisheads or not, that's some scary sh!t to run into... i swear, partying in the states gets sketchier & sketchier every time i go down there. we definitely need more events up here in our great white north!

Ya, Tony really happy that you're okay and equally as happy that those kids will be getting theirs. You knew that karma would catch them......but nice to see it's so quickly!

We just met at the Steve Kimock show (I'm Blair) and really I thought your nose looked a little crooked - hopefully it's straight again ;) (could be that I was only wearing one shoe though ::)

And good for you for putting your time in at the cop-shop....so many would just say forget it, and it's not worth their time.....but the kids wouldn't learn.......and a hard lesson it will be!!

hope to see you soon Anthony!

Cheers