Jambands.ca

top 10-- come together review...

ggrtrhhrtgg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha, great pics willy!

one thing though, that little hellraiser in the "everything's bigger in texas" t-shirt is actually my darling sister missy (aka *the five feet of fury*) and not our wonderful sugarmegs. they're both extremely feisty though, so i can certainly see how you'd mix 'em up! ::

IMG_0756-JeffSimoneMeaganMa.jpg

it's Simone (Vixen ) and Marie ( sweetmarie ) here. It is now Monday night, one day after the big partay...and both of us are in withdrawal from you guys.

both of us are shaking profusely ( i can hardly type), Marie is currently banging her head off of the wall in Schwaa's room. i think she's yelling something like 'Giver...." and then mumblig softly. i can't seem to stop sweating and my mind keeps saying thing's like, 'why am i still living??'...is this normal???

simone and Marie

i've gotta go puke.

What a fantastic weekend!!!

The weather was absolutely perfect, the music was awesome, and the people made it oh so special. As I walked around (and danced around) all weekend it sank in just how many wonderful friends I have made and interesting people I have met at the Come Together Music Festivals. At one point I was standing near the stage with Schwa and he said something about looking into the crowd of people in front of the stage and being amazed at how many of them he knew ... the network of people keeps growing ...

Here is a feel-good story from the weekend:

A friend of mine (Dustin) who was camping near me lost his wallet on Saturday morning. It contained all his identification, cards, etc. and lots of money (around $250 I think). Needless to say, he was stressed and was having a hard time thinking of anything else other than his lost wallet. Later on that day, a woman carrying a baby was walking around the campground asking if anyone knew a Dustin from London. She ended up at Dustin’s campsite and it turns out she found Dustin’s wallet on the beach (where he had dropped it). She told us that she wanted to return the wallet to him personally rather than turn it in to the lost and found bin because it contained so much money. Dustin was so touched by the woman’s kindness that he decided to give her half of the money in his wallet. The woman did not want to take the money but after Dustin insisted she said she’d take it only if she could use it for some good, so she was going to pay for a massage treatment for a friend who needs massage treatments for health reasons but can’t afford them. To make the story even nicer, it turns out the woman (sorry I don’t know her name) is the partner of the drummer from The Wassabi Collective.

Peace, Mark

It little profits that an idle king,

By this still hearth, among these barren crags,

Matched with and aged wife, I mete and dole

Unequal laws unto a savage race,

That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.

I cannot rest from travel: I will drink

Life to the lees: all times I have enjoyed

Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those

That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when

Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades

Vexed the dim sea: I am become a name;

For always roaming with a hungry heart

Much have I seen and known; cities of men

And manners, climates, councils, governments,

Myself not least, but honoured of them all;

And drunk delight of battle with my peers,

Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.

I am a part of all that I have met;

Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough

Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades

For ever and for ever when I move.

How dull it is to pause, to make an end,

To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!

As though to breathe were life. Life piled on life

Were all too little, and of one to me

Little remains: but every hour is saved

From that eternal silence, something more,

A bringer of new things; and vile it were

For some three suns to store and hoard myself,

And this grey spirit yearning in desire

To follow knowledge like a sinking star,

Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.

This is my son, mine own Telemachus,

To whom I leave the sceptre and the isle -

Well-loved of me, discerning to fulfil

This labour, by slow prudence to make mild

A rugged people, and through soft degrees

Subdue them to the useful and the good.

Most blameless is he, centred in the sphere

Of common duties, decent not to fail

In offices of tenderness, and pay

Meet adoration to my household gods,

When I am gone. He works his work, I mine.

There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail:

There gloom the dark broad seas. My mariners,

Souls that have toiled, and wrought, and thought with me -

That ever with a frolic welcome took

The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed

Free hearts, free foreheads -you and I are old;

Old age hath yet his honour and his toil;

Death closes all: but something ere the end,

Some work of noble note, may yet be done,

Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.

The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks:

The long day wanes: the slow moon climbs: the deep

Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.

Push off, and sitting well in order smite

The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds

To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths

Of all the western stars, until I die.

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:

It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,

And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Needless to say, he was stressed and was having a hard time thinking of anything else other than his lost wallet.

same thing happened at Number 2 and Zephyr's campsite... they'd found a wallet full of cash, put out the word and some guy came by to say he thought it was his friend's and then brought the friend who described it and had it returned

cheers to good honest people

oh simone, you make me laugh. our hospital adventure was amazing....all of you should be super jealous!!....at least that nap in the car was fun.....hahahaha

miss palace princess, you know id do anything for you...even if it means hanging out with you & bushie for an hour when i could be drinking more.....besides....your appearance was entertaining enough....picture miss ghetto prom on her hands & knees puking her guts out into the bush..priceless!!

schwa, id do anything for you too. and i already told you that i didnt mind at all. remember, we had WAYYYYYYY more fun than all those people back at the site :: but you are very welcome...and thank YOU for the ice :D

and yes, that is me in the texas shirt....what a charming photograph :: :o

- THE LOOK ON NEW RIDER'S FACE WHEN HE SAW THE SHIRT WITH HIS PIC ON IT. that sucker was a hit and there will definitly be more in the future (5 bucks a pop people)

Man that shirt is just too funny!! Does it say Come Together Music Festival May '04? ::

I wanted to apologize a touch for raining on anyone's parade. Reading over people's comments and seeing the pics I am reminded of how wonderful everyone is. Do you sense there's a long but coming? I just really worry for myself and others, either that we'll do ourselves irrevocable harm, physically, mentally or otherwise, and likewise who will be there if we do. I realize it's a drag but in any culture based on herculean dionysian feats of debaucherous strength the question needs to be asked.

my favourite top ten-ish things from izzy's (in no particular order)

*finding another book geek!

*raisin hill

*wasabi

*good vibes

*being able to swim as i don't have a fu©king cast on my arm!

*swimming naked!

*getting a tan

*seeing my browntown crew (how sick is it that i miss browntown?)

*talking to a cool person by the lake and watching the sun set on thursday night

*being really happy for three days even though i just quit my job, my bike got stolen and my coffee maker broke

my favourite top ten-ish things from izzy's (in no particular order)

*finding another book geek!

*raisin hill

*wasabi

*good vibes

*being able to swim as i don't have a fu©king cast on my arm!

*swimming naked!

*getting a tan

*seeing my browntown crew (how sick is it that i miss browntown?)

*talking to a cool person by the lake and watching the sun set on thursday night

*being really happy for three days even though i just quit my job, my bike got stolen and my coffee maker broke

i forgot one: izzy found my glasses!

I had a wonderful time at the festival! Thank you Mark Wilson and Mark Tonin and al the promoters and the whole crew who made this work so smoothly - I had a surprisingly very relaxing time with some wonderful people from all over. I'd like to especially say, it was fun to meet C-Towns and Stapes from the board - thank you so much for just coming up and introducing yourselves! I hope we cross paths again!

Musically, I particularly enjoyed Stephen Franke & NFTT, the Fat Cats, who really did the rock the place, Guesthouse - whom I've never heard before, nice stuff! - and Wasabi, although I had to lay my sozzled head down before their second set got underway. First set was great, I love how their always a bit different whenever I see them, I like that! Nero played like champs, as usual. Not wanting to rant, but for balance I should say that there were a couple of disappointments, too. Raisinhill were dull as dishwasher and unfortunately, the Zen Tricksters were equally as unenlightening. With both acts, we bailed about half-way through, we literally couldn't take it anymore. I understand some people really enjoyed them but I have to be honest. It's all part of the experience, right?

That's ok, though, gotta call things as you see 'em, it was still well worth it, and I will definitely consider a return visit in September. I had a really good time!

Best weekend ever...

My highlights included

1. mushroom benders

2. fantastic new friends who will do anything for a soul in need

3. Fantastic old friends who'll do the same

4. those monents you get alone with special people, lovers, friends and strangers

5. Mr. Sumpnsumpn... WOWSA!!!!!!!!!

6. Gator falling all over himself talkin'bout "This is ridiculous!"

7. Gator falling all over himself talkin'bout "Your mom is... I mean"

8. Gator leaning toward anonymous neighbour and pouring beer on himself

9. Gator nailing me on the tip and getting a face full of febreeze. Clean up your damn act KID!!!

10. Luke on the bender to end all benders trying to rally the troops to get out and vote for Zero for PMPP!!!! Made me nervous and has me rolling in my own spew of laughter and giggles still!!!

11. Seeing Johannes's face after hitting the bong he made that has ended up in my hands somehow (Thanbks again to those familiar faces who'll do anything for a soul in need)

12. Campfire Jam's from the musicians who came by the St.Catherines/Giver Gang/Death Squad campsite

onelove to all and I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!

A very special thanks to Mark Wilson for all the hard work again and again, and a super special thanks for the Campfire Jam! Your voice and playing almost bring me to tears sometimes, for instance on sunday mornings...

again

onelove

thorgnor