Jambands.ca

All Good Festival not so good?

NewRider

Saw this on another board...

"I can't even begin to express my dissapointment with the supposed "All Good" festival, there was not much that was all good. Just to start off, I have to say that most of the time I was there I was scared for my safety. I couldn't walk 3 feet without some guys yelling at me or trying to get me to be their "mama". My friends and I are a very friendly and caring crowd who are the ones that are actually there to see music and be part of a family. But no one seems to know what family is anymore. At all times we had to watch all of our belongings, because people stole our beer and food. You shouldn't have to worry that your food will be robbed if you go to enjoy some music. Then 2 of our friends were dosed by some stupid woks who think it is a good idea to put liquid acid into a spray bottle, and spray people when they are hot, because they think it is water. My friends all of a sudden were totally spun and got sick, they didn't want to trip, it was Sunday afternoon, and they were about to head home. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! This is insane! What makes anyone think they can do that? So then I was afraid to even see music because someone might spray me with "water" and then I might be tripping for the next 24 hours. Okay, well what else...Right in front of our campsite we saw 4 fights, one girl fight and they were literally stomping on this girls face. Right before we were leaving, because we didn't want to be around this place anymore, because I felt like it was the worst place on earth to be, I didn't trust a sole (except my friends) someone was busted with a gun, the kid that had the gun was airlifted out of the venue cause people pistol whipped him with his own gun and someone was stabbed. There were more drugs at the this festival then I have ever seen at another one before. Coke is definately the new pot and Molly and DMT are taking over. Before you had to go out and search for the drugs, but now people are just standing there yelling out "Ice Cold Ketamine...get it right here." Not a place to take children!!! But there are those woks with their kids in their arm as they sell mescaline...oh I saw it! There is still more! There was a strip tent were a girl would strip and do "other" favors for the right price. There were guys trying to pimp girls (their girlfriends) out all over the place, just to make some money for drugs. I couldn't even walk down the street to go see music without getting hassled, gropped, yelled at, people shoving nasty drugs in my face or trying to sell me their girl. Well those are just a couple of the stories that I came back with from All Good, and that's why I say it was ALL BAD!!! I don't have much to say that is postive. My friends and I are very generous, and like to help people and have the "family" sharing when we are at festivals. But it wasn't like that here, we were the only ones being nice. We left with the worst feelings, why are we even involved with this scene? I want to go to enjoy music, dance, and have fun with my friends, and not be scared for my life and safety. Things need to change, or I will never go to another festival again. It sucks that most of these people who are ruining it for everyone are the woks who can't even read this cause they don't have internet or computer. Something needs to be done to regulate these people, they are not there for music, they never even see music while they are there, its all about the drugs and a place for them to go.

I couldn't be more upset with the whole scene right now, and I really hope that something changes soon, or we are going to lose it."

This sort of testimonial taken in conjunction with what has been reported on 10,000 Lakes is not going to be good. You can bet the DEA is all over this sh!t already and even more so now. While we have a great thing going up here we are going to have to be vigilant about keeping it that way.

why are we even involved with this scene?

This sort of testimonial taken in conjunction with what has been reported on 10,000 Lakes is not going to be good. You can bet the DEA is all over this sh!t already and even more so now. While we have a great thing going up here we are going to have to be vigilant about keeping it that way.

I agree with the bolded statement.

Whats really disapointing in my opinion (re:10,000 lakes thread) is that people would rather this type of information NOT get out to the general public,sadly it seems its better to turn a blind eye to that sort of behavior purely for personal enjoyment.

Sure,it does put a blackspot on the good folks who attend these festivals and the folks who are responsible with their illict activities,but those are not the folks I worry about.I worry about the idiots who spray people with chemicals,sell bad drugs and get violent.

I am sorta surprised at how many people I know personally who would rather turn a blind eye or just not have this type of review (even the 10,00 Lakes undercover news thing) brought to light useing the defense that it is being exaggerated into more then it is,well sadly its not being exaggerated all that much,as the above review (and many others out there) have stated.Unfortunatley the media does make it a very dark & dangerous situation or "scene" and in the end its the good folks who go to these festivals and are responsible (even with drug use) who end up paying the second largest penalty (the first being the victims of the idiots) which is the demise of some festivals and a greater presence of law enforcement,which after reading this review and watching that video on 10.000 lakes I'm sorta glad I cannot enter the USA to attend these festivals and almost welcome higher presence of law enforcement in hopes that the major idiots are scared off.Since it seems that the lack of law enforcemnt actually invites this sorta behavior(sp?).

Whats the cost we gotta pay here,less cops more idiots unsafe situations or more law enforcement,laying low with your herb and whatnot and everyone coming home in one piece?

Lets take all this nastiness and keep it in mind the next time we're all at a festival here in the great white north,because some of these assholes make their way up here and sadly (again) Canada also has these jerks.

That's pretty crazy! I was at the "All Good Music Festival" in 2000 and I saw none of what this person was talking about. I actually felt that it was one of the most laid back and friendly festivals that I have attended.

I remember after a lot of rain on the Saturday night, my girlfriend at the time, and I decided to leave Sunday morning. We helped other people out of the mud and were helped ourselves.

I guess it's changed since then?

The whole landscaped has changed, and seemingly its been very recent. This has been one ugly concert/festival year.

Pessismistically speaking, its almost over for me from here on in. I have a really bad taste in my mouth. There is almost no reason to go to the US for shows. I am going to scale it back to small venues.

cmon , you serious.. A RIOT???

what would cause a riot to happen, last year at IT, I am sure there were lots of bad people and I only saw 1 little scuffle and the rest of the time was pretty good vibes.

Aside from the damn nitrous circus crew that set up right beside my tent on the first night. man those folks were idiots and the biggest hicks I ever seen in my life.

I didn't really believe the 1000 lakes story. But, reading first hand accounts does lend a little credibility to their story, albeit at a different festival altogether.

I thought that a girl willing to do sexual thingies for drug money was preposterous but here it is again!

So the wonderful happy crowd of people I expect to be around at festivals will no longer exist at the nice small fests anymore and be replaced with a bunch of drugged out noncaring freaks.

Great.

At least we'll always have the happy canadian festivals to enjoy.

Unfortunatley bouche,I've read numerous reviews about other festivals this year on the GOTV and other sites that are not much different then the above one.

Sad days ahead thats for sure,reminds me of 93 GD tour when all the gate & fence crashing along with multiple ODs was out of control,except now its hitting all the good (no pun intended) smaller festivals.

Seems this new era of kids aren't so responsible anymore and I thought my genreation was abit out of it at times...

GOTV is this weekend,lets hope that one remains a positive vibe.

not to point fingers or place blame but from what I've heard and read a lot of this negative bullshit comes from the Disco Biscuits crowd. I know I've even read the Bisco's themselves know their crowd is pretty sketchy and that's why they have problems getting on a lot of festival bills. Sad to see them on the line-up for Moe. Down

What do you mean $1000 dollar tickets?

Go to ebay or the auction site (which fortunatley is for charity) some tickets have been sold for 1000+ for a pair.I read on another site that this gal & her man paid $800 USD for a pair to Coventry.

kinda makes you appreciate a slow night at Pepperjacks

saw a girl at Trey Band Saratoga a few years back with a sign saying "I'll do ANYTHING for a ticket!!" with a look on her face that seemed to emphasize the offer and almost gave her my extra for nothing at all but right then bumped into a guy I gave it to for some nugs and a few bucks because I didn't cross over with any supplies

saw her in the show later and have always hoped someone else just gave her a ticket, or she did some street poetry for them or something

Dead tour was great fun while chilled and intelligent last year... hopefully still is this year... have to wonder if it'll get crazy and stupid again once Phish is done

That 10,000 lakes festival video is pretty funny... Aside from the baby in a bucket it seems like pretty standard festival fare. Welcome to the circus... I really wanted to go to this festival, hopefully it wasn't overrun by a sketched out crowd, robberies, and mad dosers.

And yeah, as far as the girl who was selling blow jobs and rim jobs. I'm sure that was a joke that was taken out of context with a little careful editing.

After reading several reviews of All Good on mulitple different message boards, this is deffinetly the only one that was %100 negative. Others mentioned the girl fight and the gun, and the stripper tent but other than that this the first of heard of most of these things. I know things have been worse this year compaired to last or any previous, things are getting downright ferral out there..SPAC proved that to me. But I really think it a matter of who you are and how much skertch you can handle...And I totally don't believe that there was any "dope spray" last time that happened the festival was shut down for a while and it was common knowledge to everyone in attendence and on the internet. I just think this review was written by a person (who doesn't go to many festivals) who was probably ripped off at the beginning of the festival and had a bad taste in their mouth for the rest of the weekend, while all the other reviews out there are by kids who loved it because they are the problem...SO who to believe?

BLAME IT ON BISCO!!

Here's another reviewers opinion

----------------------------------------------

i was there.. it was an amazing weekend.. there were two isolated incidents that went down on sunday (one involving some stupid bitches beating some other girl, and one somehow involving some asshole wook pulling a gun out).. i dont have the full true story about either one so i dont want to get too into it, but all in all the vibe and experience there was incredible.. dont let one or two stories make ya think the fest wasnt sweet as hell.. saturday was one of the best days of music ever.. just about 18 hours of music on saturday, from noon to around 6am. and the entire crew and Mr Walther are all amazing and I thank them for a great weekend..