Jambands.ca

nero chasm :(

bouche

These Boy's just made a really difficult decision...I completely understand what goes on in situations like these...it's tough. But I Have to thank them for the years of Hard work...it's not easy being a Canadian Band...Let alone a Canadian band in the Jam related scene...so take some time off...remain friends and most of all make sure to come back again with more music...I'm glad I caught the wonderful set they played at evolve, it rocked. And...guys...why not one more show together with burt....come on!!!! Thanks Nero....see you soon. Mike

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world just to be part of this family. I have only been a fan for just over a year and it has been the most enlightening experience a band and their friends have ever given me. Like many of us I see hundreds of acts a year and no band or community of friends have ever inspired me like nero. From the deepest point in my heart and soul thank you for the smiles, the tears the laughter and most of all thank you for the friendship you have cultivated among so many like minded souls. nero is truly one love supreme. my heart goes with you all in whatever or wherever life takes you.

wakan tanan kici un - may the Great Spirit bless you

Hey guys!

Thanks for the good times!

I'll never forget your shuttle bus arriving at the Pendleton Fest,Ten years or so ago. What a long strange trip its been. I could ask Paul at the Auberge De Rapid if we could do another New Years Eve party. Thanks for putting Ottawa on the good Karma map.

To the boys of nero, I want you to know how much your music changed my life and how much I have grown to love you all as friends. I must admit to shedding a few tears over this news, but despite the current saddness, when I think of nero, I think of the integral role that this band has had in my happiness.

nero was a major factor in my decision to leave Toronto and move to Ottawa. I was so excited to get to see them play twice a week. I got to dance to my favorite music and eventually meet the most incredible group of people. It was through nero that I was turned on to jambands.ca and my most important relationship, Bouche.

It has been my absolute pleasure to witness the growth of the band and the explosion that is your music. You were all meant for greatness, and by connecting us all, you have acheived it in spades.

It will be bittersweet for many of us over the next 3 months as this news sinks in and we savour what we can of the soon-to-be-scarce sweet sweet nero candy.

Although I haven't been to a huge number of nero shows recently and as such have felt a bit "out of the nero loop" of late, this band is without a doubt one of my favourite bands ever. I love the music, and it sounds even better to me given that it's played by three wonderful guys. Add the whole host of awesome people that I have met either directly or indirectly through the band and wow, it gets pretty emotional if I think about it in the grand scheme of my life, especially my life over the last 3.5 years.

nero is the first band that I ever met via the Internet, back in the days before jambands.ca ... I read about them on this site called phish sanctuary ... helped to get them booked at the May 2001 Come Together Fest, when they played an early afternoon show before blasting back to Ottawa for a show that same night ... I really liked them when I heard them that weekend and the more I heard them, the more I liked them ... booked them to play at the first jam show I ever promoted, the jambands.ca fall music fest in september 2001 ... have brought them to Kitchener a few times since then and it's always been a treat ... they recorded part of their live cd Soon at one of my shows ... they've stayed at my house, met my wife and children, played a show at the school I teach at, and have blown me away many times in the last 3.5 years with their music.

Thank you nero for the great music, and for being the catalyst for many fantastic times and wonderful friendships. Jay, Dave, Chris, and Todd ... you have built a wonderful thing ... all the best to you as you take a break from the band nero, and may your break lead to bigger, better, and more beautiful things for all of you, both individually and collectively.

One more show in Kitchener sounds like a mighty fine idea to me ...

Peace, love, hugs and sweet sweet live music,

Mark

wow. I'll never see another nero show for one hell of a long time. Well, you guys are some of my best friends in the scene and I just wish you nothing but the best for yourselves. I'll never forget all the fun I've had seeing nero, and hanging out with you guys throughout the years.

Wow.... shocker. Well, best of luck to the NERO guys. It's a tough call to make when it comes down to taking a break or more.... But don't stop making music - take the time to experience all the different music that you can. Enjoy it.

Cheers!

Jeff