Jambands.ca

nero chasm :(

bouche

See all of the shows that you can. This NYE will be a memorable one. I've experienced some hugely memorable shows in the last year and I have fantasized about many more, so I hope the chasm isn't very big.

Thanks for all of your hard work, sharing your incredible talents, and most of all, creatign solid memories for years to come.

from neroland

nero has decided to take a Sabbatical-Chasm, beginning January 1st, 2005. What is a Sabbatical-Chasm, you may ask? Well, a Sabbatical-Chasm is nero's independently defined version of an undefined pause or break, which will see the members of the band doing things other than playing nero music. It's a Sabbatical in the sense that we will be continuing to explore music as well as continuing to improve our abilities and musical offerings. It is a Chasm in the sense that it will be a sudden interruption of the continuity of the band and its current path. We are not entirely sure when this period will end or what is to follow, but regardless of what the future may hold we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making the last six years so memorable. We love you, and look forward to seeing you at the shows leading up to the new year.

-nero

my first reaction to this was that it kinda felt like a friend died. might sound a little dramatic but that's still how i feel... what can ya say?

i am really really gonna miss the nero shows and everything that went along with them... the great music and seeing it grow and change [and get more and more wicked!], the great parties that often ensue, and most of all, the nero family!!! they always bring out such a wonderful bunch of folks.

i remember my first nero show like it was you know when, and true it was only 2 years ago... i remember being soooo sooooo excited to see them... i was only home from victoria for a few days for thanksgiving, and i spent 2 of them in waterloo so i could see the show [got a guilt trip for that one!]. what an awesome night!!!

although i've only shared in the latter part of the nero ride... i was hooked from the first show and i have enjoyed all of my nero experiences to the fullest.

so... thanks so much to the nero crew... luv ya boys... i know y'all mean a lot, to a lot of people. i hope the chasm isn't too wide.

meg

[and ohmygoodness, nero's eve is going to be a blowout]

ya very mixed emotions right now... First Phish calls it quits and now my favourite musician friends... while i can totally understand i wish you guys all the best.. thank you for the wonderful music and great times... looks like Toronto may have to be my last show at the end of the month but ill try my ass off to get to Nero years eve!!

Guest Low Roller

Please tell me that they will organize New Year's Eve somewhere other than Dekcuf! That place will burst at the seams if the final show is there.

I'll make sure to come back from France for this show.

We all know that in the right circumstances nero would be a lot bigger by now...but realizing this perhaps it's better that lives are moving on for now. I'd be lying if I said that nero is just a band. nero has helped create a scene, a community, and a family. nero has opened our eyes to music, friendships, and life - even if it was indirect. I know I wouldn't know very many of you otherwise. I'd never have gone to my first Frontier Town weekend. I'd never have spent so much amazing quality time with friends ( few in particular) and I'd never have grown to think of a player as part engineer and part artist without those beautiful soncis unfolding around me.

I'd never have gone to Babylon or the Whipping post once a week. I'd have never aspired to do what I've done and still aspire to do more...just different things.

People are in your life for a reason, for a season, or for a lifetime. Even if nero isn't around for a lifetime I know that it was at least for a reason. Thanks for the season. Hope it's not the last season.

i second barrymore's...more dancing room...

I must say if it wasn't for Nero I wouldn't be where I am today! Sounds funny, but true! (I think Ms. Hux has a similiar feeling about this).

I was introduce to Nero through my brother and Brahm. Because of Nero I was introduced to Frontier town, which introduced me to the lovely family of skanks, which then introduced me to the Ottawa crew, and most importantly the Drummers brother (love ya jordan)!!!! And now I'm living in Ottawa, and have found the most beautiful love that I've ever experienced!

The "family of friends" that surround me with love is amazing. And I'm grateful for the fun that Nero has brought to my life.

You guys have given us all so much!

Thank you!

And good luck with the future to come!